Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
creeky

XL 500 Supertrapp

9 posts in this topic

I have an all-steel Supertrapp muffler for a late '70s early '80s XL 500, who needs it?

Does it look like this?

3inchmegahon.jpg

If so, I'm interested.

"O"

Does it look like this?

3inchmegahon.jpg

If so, I'm interested.

"O"

No, it is a silencer with the pipe attached (one piece unit) that connects to the headpipe. It doesn't have the center bolt on the end cap, it takes a regular aluminum Supertrapp end cap and discs. I can take a photo if you want.

No, it is a silencer with the pipe attached (one piece unit) that connects to the headpipe. It doesn't have the center bolt on the end cap, it takes a regular aluminum Supertrapp end cap and discs. I can take a photo if you want.

That'd be great. I've seen the old steel ones with 3" discs and I've seen the alumnium ones with the 4" discs, but I'm not familiar with the kind you're talking about.

How much you want for it?

"O"

Well........I took a photo of the muffler and there is something screwed up with my camera dock and I can't transfer the photo to the computer. As soon as I get the problem resolved, I'll post the photo. Price is $50 plus shipping.

Well........I took a photo of the muffler and there is something screwed up with my camera dock and I can't transfer the photo to the computer. As soon as I get the problem resolved, I'll post the photo. Price is $50 plus shipping.

I had that same problem with my "new" HP camera. I nearly kicked a field goal with it the other day.

Whenever you get the pic up I'll take a peek at it. I'm interested in it for my CR500/XR200 project and my next door neighbor is also interested in it (he has an 82 XL500) but he's too broke to pay $50 for a pipe. Plus, a $50 pipe would double the value of his bike.

"O"