Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bowser927

fuel problem

3 posts in this topic

Hey I got a 06 450 and had it out over the weekend. Runs great but i was riding with some pretty slow quads and was just putting around. When i got out on the road and opened it up, about a half mile down the road it shut off and fuel was dumping out of the overflow tube. I didnt know if this was because of the unusual slow riding or does someone think i should check my carb out?

You have a chunk of dirt stuck in your float needle/seat. Occasionally, you can open the float bowl drain and let the carb run dry, then turn on the gas and back of a couple of times and wash the offending particle away. Usually, you will need to pull the bowl off and clean the needle and seat.

Hey I got a 06 450 and had it out over the weekend. Runs great but i was riding with some pretty slow quads and was just putting around. When i got out on the road and opened it up, about a half mile down the road it shut off and fuel was dumping out of the overflow tube. I didnt know if this was because of the unusual slow riding or does someone think i should check my carb out?

There was your problem.:bonk::naughty:

Just joking with ya. Sorry I don't have anything constructive to add to this thread.