HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nikdaqik_231

Powernow or Quick Shot, anyone?

15 posts in this topic

Anyone used Boysens Quick Shot Pump Cover or Scary fast Powernow? The goal is to cure the low end bog. Jetting changes didn't work. Any comments would help, thanks.

I have a JD jet kit and a Boyesen quickshot. I dont have any bog at all....unless you count that one time I came out of a 2nd gear corner in 4th gear w/o realizing it :applause:

Anyone used Boysens Quick Shot Pump Cover or Scary fast Powernow? The goal is to cure the low end bog. Jetting changes didn't work. Any comments would help, thanks.

Yes, use both as do all of my racing buddies. They work. Don't believe the dudes who don't have them and therefore go around telling others that they're junk.

The fix the bog, improve throttle response.

Boyesen has new versions of both items out, but can still be difficult to find. No reason not to use the original versions.

Thanks for the replies, I really need to fix this, it's drive me nuts!

send your carb to zipty racing and they will fix that no prob at all.:bonk:

send your carb to zipty racing and they will fix that no prob at all.:bonk:

agreed, quickshot powernow and the rest of the gizmos just don't cut it. Call Steve at ZipTy for more info. Send them your carb and 100.00...it will be the best 100.00 you have spent...I have all these too and they simply address part of the problem, a waste of $$$ :naughty:

I just installed the quickshot today. Tell ya how I like it next weekend.

Maybe it helped a little:excuseme: . Take the advice and go with the ZIP TY or Exhaust

agreed, quickshot powernow and the rest of the gizmos just don't cut it. Call Steve at ZipTy for more info. Send them your carb and 100.00...it will be the best 100.00 you have spent...I have all these too and they simply address part of the problem, a waste of $$$ :naughty:

:bonk::D:bonk:

Dont forget to get a fuel screw from zip-ty as well. Thats the best $20 ive ever spent (except that time in Costa Rica with this HOT lil gal who REALLY needed some extra $$ but thats another story fellas :bonk:

i used the power now and power now plus and it laid me on my ass the first time i got back on the bike (trying to show off after the install) it really made my bike hit hard but it did mess with my top end power a little ,and my bike did still bog a little after this install if i were you i would try to get the jetting as crisp as possible then do the ap mod and you should be very happy with that for free

havin an adjustable fuel screw will help alot

I have both. The powernow is worth every penny for snappyness and throttle performance. The quickshot helped my low end bog.