It's Alive - My '86 XL600R

I just got my bike back from the shop. I'm really happy with the new 17" Sun Rims. The tail light is Baja Designs and rear fender for a CRF450 made by Acerbis. The front fender is on back order, I still need to do the blinkers and head light, shape the seat, paint, etc. I know it's not pretty, but here are some pics of my Frankenstein.

xlresizeIMG_1.jpg

xlresizeIMG_2.jpg

xlresizeIMG_3.jpg

she sure looks a heck of a lot better. can you get a newer seat that isnt as ugly?

I don't know if anythine else (seat) will fit. My feeling is no, but does anyone have any suggestions? I will probably end-up shaping the seat and covering it with some gripper material. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to an after market exhaust, I'd appreciate it.

man, that bike has some serious potential! That looks like a fun project.

Nice color scheme! :applause: I like the anodized fork legs too. The best exhaust would be the xrs only full stainless steel system, a high quality piece :eek: I had those exact mirrors on my L model but they do not hold up they soon vibrated so bad you could not see anything clearly. But as for styling they look a lot better than the stock round mirrors. The red motor makes me think back to the Mugen ME 125 that Al Baker helped to bring to the US in 1980 that was a true works bike!:lol: I think they sold maybe 4 of them in the US and one in europe. That by the way Johnny O'mara the "O" show won a national title on.:lol: :lol: I believe Johnny's bike is in the primm museum in Las Vegas now! :lol:

Thanks! The forks and swing arm aren't anodized but satin paint. I think I may go with a custom exhaust by http://www.mrd-racing.com/, not sure how much I want to dump into this bike yet.

The pic isn't great but I got my seat back today...

resizeIMG_2231.jpg

Looking good man :bonk:

I don't know if anythine else (seat) will fit. My feeling is no, but does anyone have any suggestions? I will probably end-up shaping the seat and covering it with some gripper material. Also, if anyone has any suggestions as to an after market exhaust, I'd appreciate it.

dude dont ditch the supertrapp exhaust imo its the best exhaust for a thumper

Too late. I just bought an XR's Only muffler. They said it was the last one they had for an XL600R. The only problem now is that my frame was cut to accomidate the CRF rear fender. Now I have to figure out a way to mount it. I need a bracket to extend from the right turn signal.