Leak after installing new tank...

I posted this over at advrider as well.

Just installed an Acerbis fuel tank and went to gas up. When I got back home I noticed that there was fuel dripping on the floor in my garage. It's leaking (steady drip) from some sort of drain/bleed off hose at the bottom of the frame, right behind the tranny case (kinda between the rear of the tranny case the swing arm).

I went ahead and kinked/zip tied the hose so as to block it off, and now the bike won't start. Is this some sort of bleed off to prevent flooding of the carb? If so, what do I have to do to stop the leak? Any ideas would be appreciated...

:applause:

Is the tank being properly vented? Maybe pressure building in tank, and therefore forcing fuel into carb!

Also, just noticed that it doesn't leak when the bike is running, and it doesn't leak when the petcocks are turned off when the bike isn't running. It only seems to leak when the bike is off and both petcocks are open.

Is the tank being properly vented? Maybe pressure building in tank, and therefore forcing fuel into carb!

I believe so, I checked to make sure that the holes in the cap were clear through. :applause:

are you using a hose or vent cap?

I would be that if you take the gas cap off. Open petcocks there will be no leak.

After installing a 6 gal Acerbis tank I had feul leaking from the bottom of my carb. Someone suggested that it was a bad float valve, which being old and worn out could not take the extra feul weight. I'll get it in this week. After I replace it I'll post again. My.02

Mine did that the first time I turned on the gas after winter storage. I tapped the bowl on the bottom of the carb a couple times with a wrench and that took care of it. Float was stuck I believe.