Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nico-1

2007 wr450f oil in air box?

3 posts in this topic

i have a 2007 wr 450 I did a oil change yesterday and today ride i find a lot a oil in the filter box somebody know why.

i have a 2007 wr 450 I did a oil change yesterday and today ride i find a lot a oil in the filter box somebody know why.

¡Engine oil overfill!...check "vent hose" threads. In later models, the vent hose is routed to the airbox (in a "catch can" fashion). In earlier models, this hose was open, routed as a carb drain hose... to the pavement.

I found this the hard way ...messy airbox and messy air filter. Even with a normal oil filling, after every ride I would have a dirty air filter, with a big brownish spot on its outer side. After a while I noticed this vent hose opening on the airbox... preciselly facing that brown big spot in the air filter element!!!!

So, I went the old fashion days... I plugged the hole and routed the vent hose facing the chain, as a "lube device". The result: a clean air filter after many rides, and a permanently oiled chain....(you will find that even with normal engine oil levels, the hose will still drip oil to the chain-frame after every ride).

Greetings from Chile.

Sergio:thumbsup:

P.D. Also, my bike (2007 also) would stall frequently, in low revs...and after this mod, it never stalled again. Dónt know the reason, but I´m happy again.