Engine ice

Have any of you used engine ice? If so how do you like it?

Have any of you used engine ice? If so how do you like it?

Works great and no need to mix in the water because its done for you. Your YZ should take half a bottle.

It's convenient, but it costs more than the sum of its parts are truly worth. It's basically propylene glycol coolant pre-mixed with water.

But it does work quite well, none the less. It tends not to boil out as readily as ethylene glycol mixed at 50/50.

Do you think it is worth it to pay the extra $ or is there another coolant that will do practically the same great job for less?

I heard some yz have a tendancy to overheat, what you think?

Do you think it is worth it to pay the extra $ or is there another coolant that will do practically the same great job for less?

I'm sure you have invested allot of time and money in to your bike so why not buy some coolant that is better then the average stuff found at a gas station.:applause:

mine would overheat with reg coolant. also a 99 yz400f

has not since i did the engine ice

jay

that's what I use in my bikes!

It's worth the money if you ride slow, tight trails in the Summertime. I'd occasionally get boil-over with stock antifreeze. After using Engine Ice; no more boil-over.

I use in my 06 450f and no complaints

The best coolant you can buy is Evans NPG+. It is non-aqueous propylene glycol blend. Boiling point is 375 degrees. Will protect an overheated motor from damage and not boil over. Best money you will ever spend. Will also totally stop corrosion on aluminum and magnesium components. Go to the Evans web site and read about it. Zip Ty racing packages this coolant under their own name and charges double for it.

I'm sure you have invested allot of time and money in to your bike so why not buy some coolant that is better then the average stuff found at a gas station.:applause:

I just bought the bike and wants to do proper maintenance on it before going for a ride:ride: . I'll definetaly buy engine ice.

Thanks for your advices!:eek:

We use it and it works great!!

It's worth the money if you ride slow, tight trails in the Summertime. I'd occasionally get boil-over with stock antifreeze. After using Engine Ice; no more boil-over.

I second that testimonial. :applause:

i'v used VP Cool Down with success. just add to your coolant and ride.

Thanks for all of you're feedback!!:applause:

I ran my bike on our DYNO and recorded the temps with reg. antifreeze,6 hours later we did it again with Engine Ice, the results were the same, I did see results when we wrapped the exhaust and the hose comming out of the water pump. I have since put a set of Fluidyne Rad's on the bike. good luck.

I just put some in over the weekend. It seems not to boil out anymore when staging a little bit longer than I should.

I run the evans in my street car and love it. What do you use in terms of a radiator cap on the car I run a 5-7 lbs cap same for a bike I have a 06 yz450