Stupid Honda

I hardly rode in 06' due to HONDA Dealership in NY. The engine started w/ a loud knocking noise at all RPM's, made appointment w/dealership. They had the bike for almost 2 weeks and i called them up to see what they replaced since stupid me got the warranty. They said they didnt hear anything (noise came and went). I offered to pay for them to open the engine if they didn't find anything and they refused, told me to keep riding the bike and bring it back if it did it again. After the 4th time bringing it back they rebuilt motor (took 3 months) because it finally wouldnt run. The sleeve came loose in the cylinder and was slaming into the head. Destroyed hole top end of motor. HONDA made me pay for piston and rings because it was a wearable part?:applause:

Happen to anybody else?

They also bashed muffler w/hammer to get better angle to remove broken bolt in new muffler, instead of just removing it, never completed. HONDA said the dealership said they didnt do it and to take care of it myself:excuseme:

Welcome to TT. Sorry about your luck. What bike is it? It seems Honda should do something to make this right!

I once had a bike drop a valve, at 3 months old, took the dealer another 3 months to fix it then shortly after that the tranny seized in 2 gears at once. Honda put a brand new complete engine in, I think they made the dealer pay for a good bit of that. I think no matter what part of the country your in dealerships are struggling to find qualified techs to do the work, anything more than an oil change or new tire is a stretch for them to get it right the first time, same with automobiles!

Welcome to TT. Sorry about your luck. What bike is it? It seems Honda should do something to make this right!

I once had a bike drop a valve, at 3 months old, took the dealer another 3 months to fix it then shortly after that the tranny seized in 2 gears at once. Honda put a brand new complete engine in, I think they made the dealer pay for a good bit of that. I think no matter what part of the country your in dealerships are struggling to find qualified techs to do the work, anything more than an oil change or new tire is a stretch for them to get it right the first time, same with automobiles!

Qualified mechanics are hard to find, especially in Florida. The dealers in my area do not even stock or sell XR650R's, let alone parts. Do you think I should go to the dealer to fix my bike? I love my bike and I am not going there. Get a manual, buy the tools as needed, and work on the bike yourself. You will be satisified, and when something goes wrong, you will know the history. It really is not that hard, just a little time. My .02...:applause:

I hardly rode in 06' due to HONDA Dealership in NY. The engine started w/ a loud knocking noise at all RPM's, made appointment w/dealership. They had the bike for almost 2 weeks and i called them up to see what they replaced since stupid me got the warranty. They said they didnt hear anything (noise came and went). I offered to pay for them to open the engine if they didn't find anything and they refused, told me to keep riding the bike and bring it back if it did it again. After the 4th time bringing it back they rebuilt motor (took 3 months) because it finally wouldnt run. The sleeve came loose in the cylinder and was slaming into the head. Destroyed hole top end of motor. HONDA made me pay for piston and rings because it was a wearable part?:applause:

Happen to anybody else?

They also bashed muffler w/hammer to get better angle to remove broken bolt in new muffler, instead of just removing it, never completed. HONDA said the dealership said they didnt do it and to take care of it myself:excuseme:

Damn!

What stealership was this?

Dave