HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptainKnobby

Did Yamaha make a mishap!!!!!

10 posts in this topic

Tore my 06 yz450f down today to grease the bearings in the connecting rod A-arm and swingarm. After taking the sleeve ouy of the connecting rod to my suprise ther was no string cheese around the needles and after taking the collers out of the A-arm no string cheese around them neither:naughty: .Yamaha must have forgot to put the cheese in ! Iam still in the process of greasing the bearings I stiil have the swing arm to do:cry: . I'll get to it in a few minutes and see if they forgot it in the swing arm to. Is this a mishap on yamaha or did they quit using the cheese:confused: ? I'll keep everyone posted on the swingarm.:applause:

They stopped using the permalube (string cheese) in '05, I believe. Either way, the '06 doesn't have it.

Well I guess that explains it. Hey grey! I just got done repacking the linkage bearings in the connecting rod and A-arm. After reading the posts some said not to use Belray water proof grease> but I done had mine repacked and wouldnt know I used Belray! Its not that bad of a grease is it Grey?

i was shocked when there was no cheese, last month when i re-lubed my 07. made the job easier.

Well I guess that explains it. Hey grey! I just got done repacking the linkage bearings in the connecting rod and A-arm. After reading the posts some said not to use Belray water proof grease> but I done had mine repacked and wouldnt know I used Belray! Its not that bad of a grease is it Grey?

again Belray is ok - a lot better than some other greases.......no worries

yes, belray is ok. just ok.

there are several out that are much much better.

Mobil 1 synth and Amsoil 2000 come to mind quickly.