HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doyles2

Radiator cross reference

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1998 WR 400 and am trying to find out if I can use the "newer" fluidines or anything used oof of another bike? There does nto seem to be any information related to the 98 or 99's. I can't find new OEM 's anywhere Yamaha does not have them....:applause::eek:

Thanks,

Brian

According to the online microfiche at ronayers.com, the radiator part numbers for the 1998 and 2000 WR's are the same. The 426's are different from the 400's and the '03-0'4 450's are different from both. Fluidyne says the same radiators fit 2000-2005 WR, so I'd bet they will fit your '98. Call Fluidyne if you want to be sure...800.358.4396.

-C

Hello all,

Looking for some help. Found this thread to be the closest but still not quite definitive.

I too am looking for a radiator for a 1998 WR400. The last poster mentioned that the OEM part #s are the same for the 1998 and 2000WR and by inference concluded that the Fluidyne radiators for the yz/wr 2000-2005 would fit. I checked the ron ayers site and they are NOT exactly the same part #. Close but not exactly the same.

I called Fluidyne and they do not list anything back to 1998...

Anyone have some FHE on what might work?

The 426 rads will fit if you use 426 shrouds. The angle of the lower shroud attach flange on the 426's is different than the 400s. Other than that, they are the same.