sound decibles 2004 WR450???

Check out this site. I don't know if it has exactly what you're looking for, but it has a lot of good info that you may be able to use to deduce what you're looking for. I see two stock silencer's at about 93 dba, then I see a stock one at 99 dba. I'm assuming that one has the baffle removed.

http://www.ohv.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=23038

-C

Does anyone know the sound decibles for a new 2004 WR450 with baffle insert removed? I'm going to hit some dual sport rides.

Thanks

Ty

My 04 with stock exhaust tested at 92 with baffle replaced with GYTR unit, 102 with no baffle. That bike shouldn't be ridden anywhere without a baffle.:applause:

I have an 05 with the PMB insert. I register a nice and quiet 93 when I am tested once a month or so at my desert races.

Why would you want to completely remove the insert. Just replace it with the PMB insert. Power is still respectable and its pretty darn quiet.

The 05+ exhaust is a different design than the 99-04 pipe. The old one is big round stanless steel tube with a spark arrestor endcap and a peashooter baffle. Simlar to the 450x pipe minus the internal mechanical baffles.