HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
07XR650L

XR650L Oil Filter

8 posts in this topic

I'm getting ready for my first oil change in the new bike. I just went down to the dealer where they hooked me up with a free oil filter. :applause:

The filter they gave me seems really small in comparison to other motorcycles I've had in the past, and the guys at this dealership aren't too sharp.

I know the filters don't need to be much, I just expected more.

The one I got is about 2 inches in diameter and 1 and 3/8 inches deep, Honda part number 15410-KFO-315. I just wanted to check before I took everything apart and ended up needing a different filter. Thanks in advance.

LOL i know they are small mine for my 400ex is like that im not sure if there the same but they are pretty small

15410-KFO-315 is the part number for a oil filter for a xr650r and xr400. Not sure but I think all xr's use the same oil filter.

I just looked at it and thought this thing looks like it belongs in a lawnmower. Thanks guys, I feel a little better now.

They are small, and they say to change it every other oil change. I can't imagine wanting to do that but. When I went to a local auto parts place they had number fot the XRR650 but not for the L ,maybe two diff. filters after all.

OK - this is what I found on the internet -

Honda Genuine Parts - Engine Oil Filter - Honda XR250R / XR350R / XR400R / XR500 / XR600R / XR650L / XR650R / TRX400EX

PART NUMBER: HO-15410-KF0-305

But I am looking at my invoice for the 2 filters I bought yesterday and it has a part number of 15410-KFO-315.

1 person likes this

When i got a filter the guy told me there were only 3 different filters that Honda uses Pretty wild with so many different bikes but smart on the companys behalf to not have so many different filters. Anyone use the K+N filter before? Ive seen them at XR's only for a few bucks less than stock but the guy said he would use OEM first then K+N as a second resort.

Check this site out for microfiche parts i looked for my two hondas and it says to different oil filters xr650l + 400ex

https://www.onlinemicrofiche.com