Waiting for my Edelbrock Carb

I am waiting for my Edelbrock Carb for my xr650l. What is it you like and dislike about this carb for the L? Any advice you would give when it comes to install, and setting it up?

Thanks

Will I be able to adjust for higher altitude without tearing the bike apart?

No choke

twist it twice cold and fire it up

but you will have to nurse it till warm unlike the stocker

Yes easy adjustment. What other mod you did to your bike? Pipe? cam? pistons? etc...It could help to give you a base setup for it before you install it.

No engine mods. Full exhaust. De snorkeled. Sea level. Starting point is?

Humm it should arrive from Edelbrock pretty near to what you need. Needle #16e and play with the clicker screw to set it right for your need. If you would have had a hight comp piston and cam you would have need to change the needle to a #17e.

The L's come with #16 needles?

Yes the 16 ones. But they gave you a 15 and a 17 with it.

If the carb model that shps for the L is similar (except for the needle) to the R, "nursing til it warms up" is as simple as dialing in some idle speed with the idle adjust screw.

That's my standard op procedure with my R. I just dial in 2-5 turns depending on engine and air temp and as the bike warms up I dial out the idle to keep it where I want it. Works like a charm.

The L is a great bike.

Ride safe and have fun.

The only other problem that you may run into is if you dont have a stock gas tank. Or if your gas tank is lower then the Edelbrock you will need to put in a small fuel pump to feed it enough gas. :eek: It was a great addition to my L and well worth it. :applause:

The only other problem that you may run into is if you dont have a stock gas tank. Or if your gas tank is lower then the Edelbrock you will need to put in a small fuel pump to feed it enough gas. :eek: It was a great addition to my L and well worth it. :applause:

I thought the edelbrock had a fuel pump?

Accelerator pump

The only other problem that you may run into is if you dont have a stock gas tank. Or if your gas tank is lower then the Edelbrock you will need to put in a small fuel pump to feed it enough gas.

???? I have a 4.7 Gallon Clarke Tank

I want to put the Eddie on it, but really dont want to deal with an extra fuel pump.

Insight?

Thanks

I have a Clarke 4.7 gallon tank and an eddie carb with no additional fuel pump or problems with fuel delivery. Its a great carb. Happy wheelying!!!:banghead:

I have a Clarke 4.7 gallon tank and an eddie carb with no additional fuel pump or problems with fuel delivery. Its a great carb. Happy wheelying!!!:banghead:

AWESOME!!! Exactly what i wanted to hear!!

Thanks