Please explain Super Motard-

Can someone please explain to me; What is the point of motarding a dirt bike??? It's kinda like lowering a 4X4 truck, isn't it?? I understand this is a free country, and people can do what they want with their stuff, but is there something I'm missing about the whole motard thing??

Probably hard to explain if you've never dragged a knee through the corner. :eek: I think the Motard racing is pretty cool. Street racing with jumps. :applause: But here in NC, they don't have any tracks for this.?

Can someone please explain to me; What is the point of motarding a dirt bike??? It's kinda like lowering a 4X4 truck, isn't it?? I understand this is a free country, and people can do what they want with their stuff, but is there something I'm missing about the whole motard thing??

I agree with you. I dont get it either. I had a Yamaha R1 and sold it about a year ago. That was a fun bike. If you want to ride on the street it seems like it would be better just to buy a street bike.:applause:

super moto is kinda like racing pre-runner trucks... yes it may still be a 4x4 but the make them as low to the ground to keep them from rolling over. motard bikes are lowered so they can corner better but still retain the suspinsion travel for the mx parts of the track.

super moto is kinda like racing pre-runner trucks... yes it may still be a 4x4 but the make them as low to the ground to keep them from rolling over. motard bikes are lowered so they can corner better but still retain the suspinsion travel for the mx parts of the track.

Pre-runner trucks are normally 2-wheel drive...Just a little FYI :applause:...SC

Supermoto is top fun and a laugh from start to finish - what more reason do you need

I like Offroading just the same but they both give different levels of fun which can be had using the same bike - Thats enough reason for me

Pre-runner trucks are normally 2-wheel drive...Just a little FYI :applause:...SC

yes most of them are but they do run 4wd classes also. i was just saying that a 4x4 truck on hard pack with jumps sits alot lower than a 4x4 on rocks for a reason just like from super moto to mx/ offroad

i bet my yami 450 supermoto would out run your R1 in town and in the short twisties hands down. its all about bein able to ride a dirtbike on the streets.

And when you top out at 80 mph I still have another 100 mph more to go

Does this not look like a blast ?

That would be good enough for me but add legaly riding the street / off roading / jumping - cant beat that..

Great way to ride track without spending a fortune, bikes are made to crash (unlike sporbikes) & alot safer..

No offense, but to anyone who doesn't get it, you guys have obviously never ridden a motard.:eek: If you had you wouldn't be asking this question, but you would be putting some sticky tires and a tag on your wr! If you wanna try it out, give me a shout the next time your in the Chattanooga area.:applause: