Pics of my 04 YZ450F

Thought I would share some pics. I picked up this bike a a few weeks ago and have been setting it up for trail riding.

So far:

+2 Teeth on the rear

-1 on the front

IMS Tank

Kickstand

Works Connection Frame Guard

Works Connection Skid Plate

Brush guards that I had laying around (Probably replace with something sturdier)

New Plastics (Acerbis)

Also had to replace some stock odds and ends.

Bike came jetted, piped and the suspension was tuned. Haven't been able to see if the suspension suites me yet.

Will likely add some radiator guards and maybe even a rekluse. But not sure about the rekluse yet. The terrain I ride in certainly warrants one.

dride1.jpg

dride4.jpg

dride3.jpg

dride.jpg

dride2.jpg

It would look a lot nicer if you went back to the stock tank. I hate the way those big desert tanks look on bikes. Unless you are planning to ride it across the country, there's no reason for one on a 4-stroke.

Besides that's a awful lot of extra weight to throw around.

I hate the way those big desert tanks look on bikes. Unless you are planning to ride it across the country, there's no reason for one on a 4-stroke.

What is the range on a stock tank? 45 miles? If you are planning on doing any enduros, scrambles or just exploring a little further past the truck, the desert tank is awesome.

Besides that's a awful lot of extra weight to throw around.

The weight sits pretty low. Besides, he doesn't have to top off before each ride.

Nice looking bike by the way.

45 miles? You feel the need to go more than 45 miles on a yz450?

Damn,...my ass would be raw!

It's still a nice bike...except for the tank:busted:

You must either rock the motocross track all day or camp renegade.

45 miles is nothing. Single track in the mountains is usually around 60 miles a day, and we usually put on 100+ miles (one fill up at a gas station) a day in the desert.:applause:

Norcal nailed it, the last enduro in NJ (Sandy Lane, I didn't go to this one, just using it as an example) was about 60-70 miles. They do have gas stops if nessessary, but mostly I'd just prefer not to think about it.

What is the range on a stock tank? 45 miles? If you are planning on doing any enduros, scrambles or just exploring a little further past the truck, the desert tank is awesome.

The weight sits pretty low. Besides, he doesn't have to top off before each ride.

Nice looking bike by the way.

Bike looks good, i'm not a huge fan of the way those tanks look either, but i've been known to go on some pretty lenghtly trail rides up in vt / nh and its nice not to be worried about gas

edit: where in ny are you from? i'm in upstate

Actually a set of lights is also on my "maybe" list. Not because I ride in the dark, but because the enduro events require it. I started doing some research on adding lights to a YZ450 on this site. Seems I need a WR stator\flywheel and a light kit but any feedback would be appreciated.

7/10 for off-roadin beauty. Add a set of lights, a little more armor and a rekluse and you get a 10/10 in my book.

I'm in the area that people from NYC think is upstate, Orange County which is of course far from actually being "upstate".

Bike looks good, i'm not a huge fan of the way those tanks look either, but i've been known to go on some pretty lenghtly trail rides up in vt / nh and its nice not to be worried about gas

edit: where in ny are you from? i'm in upstate

Actually a set of lights is also on my "maybe" list. Not because I ride in the dark, but because the enduro events require it. I started doing some research on adding lights to a YZ450 on this site. Seems I need a WR stator\flywheel and a light kit but any feedback would be appreciated.
You cannot use the stator from any other YZF on a '03-'05 YZ 450. Only the YZF stator will fit. There are aftermarket units available, but not great ones. Search the topic.