NOT happy with works connection radiator cages!

I cant believe the amount i have had to shave off the plastic louver to get it to fit.I had to shave both ends to the point i dont know if its strong enough to deflect a rock.They should have made a new louver to fit with there kit.Dont think i'll be ordering anything from them again.

I cant believe the amount i have had to shave off the plastic louver to get it to fit.I had to shave both ends to the point i dont know if its strong enough to deflect a rock.They should have made a new louver to fit with there kit.Dont think i'll be ordering anything from them again.

I agree works connection should provide a new louver. I have the same setup an spent more time shaving down the louver then putting the brace on. I'm not disappointed with the brace just that I spent the money to chop up a piece of plastic they should have supplied.

I would highly recommend NOT gonig with the Devol's - I have them on mine and they are being held on my zip ties...

They have a connecting bracket that attaches the brace to the shroud and it is held by two screws... The threads are very small and thin and are easily stripped... I sent mine back once already and the holes are stripped again... so now they are being held on by zip ties...

So, you would rather have spent an extra $40-50 on top of the cages for a custom fit louver?

Frankly, I don't see it being that much trouble.

I would rather pay the 40 or50 for some guards that were like the ones on my old honda.They fit perfect and didnt require you to remove the tank,seat and shrouds to put them on.

I put a set of the works connection radiator guards on my 2006 yz450 about three weeks ago. It took me about 20 minutes of extra time to remove the material from the guards and shrouds, but I don't believe the integrity of the parts were compromised. Everything is now solidly mounted and fits perfectly. I'm actually very happy with the product and would recommend them. I'd rather remove the extra plastic material myself than pay an extra 50 bucks for the product.

The '06 presents a problem as to where and how to run a fore aft brace. Think of what your radiator would have looked like with no brace.

That is true.I am glad that it came with the stock guards because my right radiator would have been toast when i wrecked.

I would highly recommend NOT gonig with the Devol's - I have them on mine and they are being held on my zip ties...

They have a connecting bracket that attaches the brace to the shroud and it is held by two screws... The threads are very small and thin and are easily stripped... I sent mine back once already and the holes are stripped again... so now they are being held on by zip ties...

I have no problems with mine! If they're being stripped, your probably overtightening them!

I have no problems with mine! If they're being stripped, your probably overtightening them!

I'm having a problem catching my leg/knee on the front of the shroud while going through deep ruts and tight turns... My boot catches the shroud and the screws aren't holding.

Has anyone tried the new Moose Radiator Guards? I'm not sure they make them for the 06-07 bikes yet but, they look nice.

I bought the Moose guards and installed them but haven't put the plastic back on yet from winter maintenance until my carb gets back from Zip-Ty. I like the fit and design.

The plastic louvers fit fine. I will put the radiator shrouds on tonight to check the fit and report back. Hopefully it will be many, many months before I provide a crash report. :applause:

That is true.I am glad that it came with the stock guards because my right radiator would have been toast when i wrecked.

I just installed a set. They seem to be fine as far as I can tell, but mentioning the problem with the two screws can definitely be a future problem. But this problem is easily solved by going to a hardware store and picking up bolts (not the same as the screws they give you) and nuts, then attaching them that way for an additional $1.25. In fact, I may just do this to avoid the problem you're having now.