2006 WR450F Gas Tank Distance.

Alright, I'm picking up a WR450F this weekend...what is the distance I can expect out of the stock tank? Any preferences on aftermarket tanks? IMS? Clarke? Acrebis? What distance can I expect out of the aftermarket tanks? There is such variety (i.e. 2.8, 3.1, 3.3, 6.6)????:applause:

Taking it easy, I've gone 100km before hitting reserve. But I've had as low 75km as well when I'm really giving it the gas.

I'm looking to add the Acerbis 3.3 to my 06 sometime this season.

I have the Acerbis 3.3 on mine and I went 80 miles on a ride the other day before I hit reserve- and I had given about a gallon of gas to my two buddies that had both run out.

I have the Ascerbis and it gets 80-110 miles per tank.

The stock tank gets 40-60 miles per tank.

You will find that one day you will get better milage than others. This all has to do with temp, jetting, terrain, riding style ect....

I don't know what's up with my 06 WR450, but I can get 80-90 miles EASILY out of the stock 2.1 tank. I am a conservative trail rider, so maybe that's why.:applause:

I don't know what's up with my 06 WR450, but I can get 80-90 miles EASILY out of the stock 2.1 tank. I am a conservative trail rider, so maybe that's why.:applause:

Yeah being conservative will give you mileage. I do alot of hill climbing when I go to TCTRI and I got only 35 mpg the one day!!!!!:eek:

30 - 35 mpg with proper jetting

I get 100 miles out of my Clarke 2.8

I have a Clarke 2.8 on my '06 WR450 & with some reasonably hard riding I can get about 150km's out of it with some to spare. Haven't gone to reserve yet. :applause:

all depends on how you drive, I got as high as 220km with my 3.3 acerbis when i ran completely dry (reserve only lasted like 6km so watch it, i had to push it home the last 3km) but very aggressive riding can drop that down to a little over 100km.

dipending of your riding you can get 50/65 miles and around 5/6 hours ride

It all depends on how lean you have it jetted. When mine was stock jets with the AIS still installed I could go 60 miles or so on a stock tank. But the bike ran bad and the headpipe would glow. With proper jetting I am scared of walking if I go much over 45 miles. I need a bigger tank.

I have a clarke on the 450 and a IMS on the 250, go clarke!

Depends on riding style, jetting & exhaust. With a 170 main and a GYTR exhaust I'm in the vicinity of 90km's

I get about 80 miles before hitting reserve on a mellow day. About 60-70 blowing it out the rear:ride:

milage varies with the terain and how u ride but i'd watch the big tanks unless u really need it. i had one on a older bike and really affected the handling with the extra weight. i ride alot of sand and tight trails and really noticed it. i run like 40-60 miles on the stock tank now.

anyone tried this 6.6 gallon tank? they claim that if you only fill it half way it significantly helps the handling (lower weight).