Pro Taper clamps

Anybody have the new ones yet? Looks like they took some of the good points of the RG3 and added adjustabilty. They also ofer a 22.5 offset. Plus they retail for $495 which should make them quite a bit less than the RG3.

I recently bought some new pro taper top clamps for my 04. It was adjustable forward or backwards. I can now set the bars more perpendicular with the ground and have great turnablilty. The bars are closer to me basically. I can now take the same lines as the 85's do in practice on a supercross style track.

• 8 months later...

Anybody else ever get these? I had to put them off for a while but now i am back in the market for my 06. I felt better last weekend when i really concentrated on getting up on the tank but it still seemed like it wanted to climb out of some of the deeper ruts.

Anybody have the new ones yet? Looks like they took some of the good points of the RG3 and added adjustabilty. They also ofer a 22.5 offset. Plus they retail for $495 which should make them quite a bit less than the RG3.

RG3's are only 500.00 for the top and bottom clamp. Add another 100 and you get the stem and lower bearing.

Took the plunge and ordered them finally. I will let everyone know what they feel like next eek hopefully. I really want to increase my corner speed so i can get out of the almost slowest guy class! Our class basically everyone can jump everything so the corners have to be why i am 5 seconds per lap off the pace

Got the clamps today but unfortunately i wont get to try them for a week or so. Funny thing is though i found out the clamp for the ignition box was a little tweaked because the fork tubes hit it now being back a little farther. I am really excited about trying though since i was also able to move the bars farther forward as well

attachment.php?attachmentid=6687&d=1199414314I have been using these clamps for about 6 mths now, (in the 22.5mm off-set) and i dont think you will find better value anywhere. The PRO-TAPER offers great adustabilty and strength.(see 2nd pic) Great product:thumbsup:

Picture 024 (Medium).jpg

IMG_2164 (Small).JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to ride tonight. Bike felt great, much easier to stay in a rut. I as actually having a problem losing the rear end because i forgot i had taken a lot of the sag out to get it to turn. I also took the 50 tooth of of the rear and put on a 48. I found it a lot easier shifting down to 2nd in the corners instead of trying to ride everything in 3rd. I really feel like i shift less this way.

Finally got to ride tonight. Bike felt great, much easier to stay in a rut. I as actually having a problem losing the rear end because i forgot i had taken a lot of the sag out to get it to turn. I also took the 50 tooth of of the rear and put on a 48. I found it a lot easier shifting down to 2nd in the corners instead of trying to ride everything in 3rd. I really feel like i shift less this way.

interesting about the 48, I was wondering about doing the same thing myself when I buy new sprockets soon.. thought it would smooth the power out more and I could use second gear a little more also...

keep us posted on how you like the clamps, I am still considering them...

Yep that exactly what i wanted. Gearing is actually one thing i understand from my RC car racing. I am thinking next time i may try 14/51. Which is just a little lower. As far as the clamps go i would definitely give them a try. Much better than stock and never felt like they wanted to fold under.

• 1 year later...

Found out something interesting about the clamps the other night. Moved my bars way forward just to try it and they put the bars right over the bleeder buttons for the forks. didn't really think about it until i found oil on top of my forks. Evidently the elastomers give enough they were allowing my bars to bleed my fork as i rode! Needless to say i spun my top tubes around so the bleeders are no longer close to the bars.

attachment.php?attachmentid=6687&d=1199414314I have been using these clamps for about 6 mths now, (in the 22.5mm off-set) and i dont think you will find better value anywhere. The PRO-TAPER offers great adustabilty and strength.(see 2nd pic) Great product:thumbsup:

what the hell happened to ur bike that u managed to bend pro taper bars?!?!??!??! i guess theres a first for everything