Need help with a quiet pipe

When I bought my bike (03 wr450) it came with the innards removed from the muffler. Great for power and throttle response terrible for noise. I am trying to decide between a new FMF Q2 or a Powercore TI with the quiet core insert. Any thoughts which would be a better pipe to use. I don't want to sacrifice power, especially low end but I can't live with the racket anymore. After a good long ride my ears ring all night long.:applause: Also many of our riding areas are relatively close to civilization so no point in pissing off the neighbors. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Glen:canada:

I have the q2 on my 426 and its pretty quiet... with the powerbomb header it makes TONS more power than the e series I had on thier previously! The power is definately moved more to the top, pulling hard as hell from the midrange all the way to the limiter(and it gets there much faster). I really didn't notice any change in the bottom end, but it revs out very very nicely! The build quality has been excellent... even surviving a direct hit from a bad crash I had! Two thumbs up!

i am very happy with my white brothers E2 slip on, on my 04 wr450.

makes a lot of power, and not overly noisy.

I give the White Brother's E2 a big thumps up. The power is great and it's not loud at all. It's 96 decibles and has a spark arrestor. All of that can be changed with one screw. Fit is excellent and the price is decent. SC had the Ti Powercore and liked the pipe, until it tip over a put a dent in it.

I'm running a Dr. D now and I like it better than the Ti Powercore. I haven't ridden with it in my regular riding area (5000' ASL), but I did ride it at the 2000' level and the bike ran unbelievably strong. The Dr. D wasn't any louder than the TiPo either, and that was without the quiet core...SC

i am running a fmf q pipe on my 04 ,all the mods are done extemly happy with the sound level.

I just put a Pro Circuit 496 on my 450. It sounds good, but it's loud. Doesn't add THAT much power. I'll probably go back to the stock pipe. It's much quieter. If you're racing, you probably don't want a stock pipe.

Look into a Yoshimura RS3 full system. You can get the TEC-Kit which allows you to insert different endcaps for 3 different sound decibel rating.

I'm running a Dr. D now and I like it better than the Ti Powercore. I haven't ridden with it in my regular riding area (5000' ASL), but I did ride it at the 2000' level and the bike ran unbelievably strong. The Dr. D wasn't any louder than the TiPo either, and that was without the quiet core...SC

steve which DR.D did you go with? I looked at their web site and noticed that they all seem alot higher priced than say a comparible fmf......... I'm lookin for power in the low to mid range i think and want it to stay as quiet as my PMB insert. mine is an '05 also.

peace

My buddy just got the FMF Q on his KX250F and it sounds really good and quiet for what it is.