pivot works

I just want to say pivot works works hooked me up with a top bearing for my shock ,the guy on ebay was a jack @#@ its nice to see a company that takes care of the customer

Just a titbit of into: Pivot Works , Hot Cams , and Hot Rods are under the same partent comany, C&L Companies. I believe they're even under the same physical roof. I've never delt with HotRods but I've had good experiences with Pivot Works and Hot Cams. :applause:

I bought a pivot works shock ends kit of ebay have not installed it yet, whats up the kit only fits one end? how did you get the other end and which end was wrong?

I have used pivot works stuff on several bikes with out any issues, quality is good and price smokes the oem stuff, my latest was a shock bearing, and front wheel bearings for my YZF250, oem price was outrageous, $80 for the shock and $55 for the wheel, pivot works was $32 and $26, talk about dealer gouging, their customers! Then on top of that I asked them to get the pivot works parts and they looked at me like I was crazy :eek: I said never mind and ordered direct got the parts in 3 days, which was quicker than the dealer said he could get the oem stuff, I think they are the crazy :lol: ones!

So :applause: for pivot works!

I bought a pivot works shock ends kit of ebay have not installed it yet, whats up the kit only fits one end? how did you get the other end and which end was wrong?

I have used pivot works stuff on several bikes with out any issues, quality is good and price smokes the oem stuff, my latest was a shock bearing, and front wheel bearings for my YZF250, oem price was outrageous, $80 for the shock and $55 for the wheel, pivot works was $32 and $26, talk about dealer gouging, their customers! Then on top of that I asked them to get the pivot works parts and they looked at me like I was crazy :eek: I said never mind and ordered direct got the parts in 3 days, which was quicker than the dealer said he could get the oem stuff, I think they are the crazy :lol: ones!

So :applause: for pivot works!

I dont know which kit you got, but some top shock bearings are not replaceable. The Hon 650L top bearing is one that is not available from Honda (you buy the shock body) but seeing how the OE bearing could be safely removed, we added one to our shock kit. NOTE: The lower bearings, for the shock, if actually INSTALLED in the shock are not included in the linkage kit, only the shock kit. (common question)

Yes, pivot works, Hot Cams , Hot Rods , (and Ossa World) are all in the same building, here in the "middle of everything" Urbandale Iowa.

I dont know which kit you got, but some top shock bearings are not replaceable. The Hon 650L top bearing is one that is not available from Honda (you buy the shock body) but seeing how the OE bearing could be safely removed, we added one to our shock kit. NOTE: The lower bearings, for the shock, if actually INSTALLED in the shock are not included in the linkage kit, only the shock kit. (common question)

Yes, pivot works , Hot Cams , Hot Rods , (and Ossa World) are all in the same building, here in the "middle of everything" Urbandale Iowa.

The kit I received is part #PWSHK-H23-006, Will this contain the correct bearings for both ends of the shock? I have noticed that its the top bearing that has some play in it!

thats the same part # of the one I bought on ebay and it did not have the lower bearing, the kit should have 2 bearings 4 seals and 2 stepped bushings I sent pivot works a email and they sent me the upper bearing free of charge I got it today and just got done installing the kit, talk about a pain removing all the linkage crap but I got her done and no more slop.

Thnk you so much! I will send them a similar request, glad you got it all together! I will add a favorable remark to your reputation (your fuel gauge under your avatar) for your follow up and good info! you can do the same for any member on any post, just click on the gas can in upper right corner of each post.

Just got off the phone with Mike at pivot works. I must say they are an outstanding company, they are sending me the missing upper shock bearing that was supposed to be in my kit, for my pig. I however do reccomend buying direct from them, it makes it a lot easier for them to stand behind their products. Once again I feel compelled to give pivot works a :bonk: as an outstanding company!