Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aussie_450exc

07 Yzf 450

6 posts in this topic

Just bought a limited edition 2007 model yzf 450 and am putting an after market exhaust system on it with higher flow. What carb settings (jetting, needle, clip position, mixture screw) should i run. I ride from sea level to about 1000 feet.

Whats the temps like over their? if its like 20-25C I would go with a 45/165. I would try 4th or 5th clip position on the needle and between 1.5 and 2 turns on the fuel screw.

From what i've seen most exhaust systems don't require a whole lot more fuel, on these new bikes the stock exhaust flow pretty good.

Unfortanitly with jetting, its a trial and error kind of thing.

From what i've seen most exhaust systems don't require a whole lot more fuel,
It's actually not uncommon for systems having a large diameter muffler core to make the bike run richer than it originally did, to the point of needing leaner jetting to correct for it.

Hey Aussie, what part of the country do you live in? I lived in Perth for two years and absolutely loved it, although I never had a bike while I lived there, it looked like there are countless places to ride.

the temperature opver here is usually between 25-40 degrees C

With it being that warm, I would start out with stock main, and up on on the pilot. For the cooler temps leave the clip in the 4th position, and the hotter temps move the clip up on notch.(leaner)

From their it's going to be trial and error, always remeber to move things around one at a time, and in small incraments. If you do things all at once and jump jet sizes with too large of a gap, then you may never find that sweet spot.