ZipTy + Dr.d + MB1 Suspension = Riding Bliss!

06 Yz450

ZipTy Racing:

Folks, I had ZipTy do the Carb (great guys) and no more popping. A nice change and highly recomended to clean up your carb. I'm runing a 168/48 combo :applause:

Dr. D Pipe:?

Installed a new Dr. D pipe and while I'd heard how much it helps the bottom end, I didn't really feel it. To me, it seemed to smooth out the power more than anything, with perhaps some added HP on the upper end of the midrange. I had expected gobs on newfound low end, but I just didn't feel it. It's also about as quite as a stocker. I'm slighly on the fence regarding this pipe now.?

MB1 Suspension: :eek:??

This is by far the best mod you can do to your to your bike, period. I have no point of comparision to other suspension shops and I'm sure all the favorates do solid work.

MB1 did an OUTSTANDING job and I am just floored at how much better the bike handles now. I can dive deeper and faster into corners, accelerate out with much better traction and confidence, and it just "floats" over the rough stuff now. It's 1000x better than any engine mods, IMO. I just can't get over how well they helped my bike perform.

I was also skeptical on suspension work, but I can state with confidence, this is the single best mod you can do to your bike and whether it's MB1 or others, this is trick! :goofy: :goofy:

06 Yz450

ZipTy Racing:

Folks, I had ZipTy do the Carb (great guys) and no more popping. A nice change and highly recomended to clean up your carb. I'm runing a 168/48 combo :applause:

Installed a new Dr. D pipe and while I'd heard how much it helps the bottom end, I didn't really feel it. To me, it seemed to smooth out the power more than anything, with perhaps some added HP on the upper end of the midrange. I had expected gobs on newfound low end, but I just didn't feel it. It's also about as quite as a stocker. I'm slighly on the fence regarding this pipe now. :goofy:

This is by far the best mod you can do to your to your bike, period. I have no point of comparision to other suspension shops and I'm sure all the favorates do solid work.

MB1 did an OUTSTANDING job and I am just floored at how much better the bike handles now. I can dive deeper and faster into corners, accelerate out with much better traction and confidence, and it just "floats" over the rough stuff now. It's 1000x better than any engine mods, IMO. I just can't get over how well they helped my bike perform.

I was also skeptical on suspension work, but I can state with confidence, this is the single best mod you can do to your bike and whether it's MB1 or others, this is trick! :goofy::devil:

i noticed a very big diff, in bottem end on mybike from the dr.d pipe and the carb done by zipty:thumbsup:?

i noticed a very big diff, in bottem end on mybike from the dr.d pipe and the carb done by zipty:thumbsup: :applause:

Do they only make only a standard version that is for enhancing the low end? Mine feels like it's helped the mid to top end. It also seems to wind out quicker. Not sure, but something is not making sense.

Do they only make only a standard version that is for enhancing the low end? Mine feels like it's helped the mid to top end. It also seems to wind out quicker. Not sure, but something is not making sense.

i really dont no what to tell you there, all i no is that mine has amazing bottem end and mid, and i have the same mods as you but i got factory connection suspension and i love it..

06 Yz450

ZipTy Racing:

Installed a new Dr. D pipe and while I'd heard how much it helps the bottom end, I didn't really feel it. To me, it seemed to smooth out the power more than anything, with perhaps some added HP on the upper end of the midrange. I had expected gobs on newfound low end, but I just didn't feel it. It's also about as quite as a stocker. I'm slighly on the fence regarding this pipe now.?

I was also skeptical on suspension work, but I can state with confidence, this is the single best mod you can do to your bike and whether it's MB1 or others, this is trick! :goofy: :goofy:

That's good to hear Rick! I'm debating what to do with my suspension as well. I didn't want to have to redo the the whole suspension on a brand new bike but I think even 180 is too heavy for these soft suspensions so I'm researching suspension shops as we speak and will have it reworked when I go back in April.

Regarding the pipe, you probably don't want to hear this since you just spent money on the Drd but I was debating between that and the MRD full low-end system and I went the MRD route. The difference in the low-end hit is amazing and it pulls harder through out the whole range.

When I get a new bike having the suspension revalved is the first thing I have done to it. I had the zip-ty mod done a month or so ago and I really like it. It has helped the bike alot and that will be the other mod I have done to a new bike when I get one, which will be soon.

That's good to hear Rick! I'm debating what to do with my suspension as well. I didn't want to have to redo the the whole suspension on a brand new bike but I think even 180 is too heavy for these soft suspensions so I'm researching suspension shops as we speak and will have it reworked when I go back in April.

Regarding the pipe, you probably don't want to hear this since you just spent money on the Drd but I was debating between that and the MRD full low-end system and I went the MRD route. The difference in the low-end hit is amazing and it pulls harder through out the whole range.

You only need to do a revalve if done correctly, Red. I'm lighter than you (without gear) and we kept my stock springs. The revalve now keeps the suspension higher in the stroke and absorbs just about anything you throw at it. This should work for you as well. Just make sure you provide specifics on where you ride, your skill level, what problems you are experiencing and what you'd like them to address. They will do the rest or ask you additional questions. It's quite remarkable at how much better the bike with ride.

As for the MRD, I actually tried to buy one, but they never responded back to me so I bought the Dr. D off eBay. Again, I'm not feeling the low end, but it's certainly not any worse. It seems to pull cleaner and smoother from corner to corner now. I wish I could try another exhaust as a point of comparison. Oh well. Good luck on the suspension. :applause:

Thanks Rick! I'm actually really excited about getting my suspension done and came across a good forum for MX in AZ where I everyone was raving about a suspension shop in Chandler so the future is looking bright for my YZF. If I were in Cali I likely would have gone the MB1 route as well.

I'm not sure how close you are to MRD but I'm almost positive that Dave would let you try out a pipe for comparison because he has a money back guarantee if you tried it and preferred the Drd. Just a thought in case you are close.