cr250 top speed

You didnt say what year cr250. Id say the topspeed is somewhere around 75mph, but it really depends on how its geared. I assume you are talking about drag racing, because it seems thats all banshee riders are capable of, so yes, a cr250 will outdrag a banshee.

• Like 1

Haha give me til tomorrow and I'll let you know the top speed on my 98 CR250. I'll have my new GPS with me tomorrow :applause:

I know we did some informal testing on a road one time where my friend on a 96 CR250 followed my truck. Sad thing was my truck couldn't get up past 75 on the stretch of road that we had haha. The CR was hanging though, he said he still had room on 5th at that point too.

Anyway, point is I'll let you know for sure tomorrow when I get home.

Be careful! If your drag racing in deep sand, your going to get smoked off the line. You do have more top end speed, but make sure that you've got enough room to flex that muscle, otherwise it's going to be a long day.

A friend has an '05 Honda 450 Quad, and against my '02 RM250 (both pretty much stock), I can beat him every time in the deep sand, IF the race is long enough. But I always give a bunch away from 1st to 3rd. By the time I hit 5th gear it seems like I'm going 10mph faster.

Roll on racing from 3rd gear on is like taking candy from a baby.

spedos are always off as the speeds increase. best to use a GPS or a radar gun. the spedo in a truck or car is off as well.

on a sport bike forum i visit there is alot of talk with this. and its proven. but these guys are running their speeds at about 150mph. but still spedos are always off.

Haha give me til tomorrow and I'll let you know the top speed on my 98 CR250. I'll have my new GPS with me tomorrow :applause:

I know we did some informal testing on a road one time where my friend on a 96 CR250 followed my truck. Sad thing was my truck couldn't get up past 75 on the stretch of road that we had haha. The CR was hanging though, he said he still had room on 6th at that point too.

Anyway, point is I'll let you know for sure tomorrow when I get home.

A friggin CR250 has 5 gears

a cr250 wil piss all over a banshee ...doo the math stock banshee 400 pounds....48 flywheel hp.......stock 06 cr250 48 flywheel hp....216 pounds.......power to weight its not even close .....my buddy has a 94 yz250 which by the way is/was one of the hardest hitteng 250 2 strokes made 43rwhp on our shops chassis dyno...his brother has a 02 banshee with toomy pipes cool head carb kit etc.....makes around 65 hp......the yz beats the crap out of the banshee on dirt or street ......key on the dirtbike is to leave in 2nd gear .....its not even a race were talkin 5-6 bike lengths

Dude liek 1 time me an my friend wer ou ton the road and my 250 got clocked at 105mph by his truck on the gravel so I think a CR can go probly 130 and the math teacher at school says it could so I believe him plus everybody knows a pipe can add like 20hp and about 40mph to any bike so I think it will bea tthe banshee cause bikes are better neways.

No Way!...My buddy got his 72 CR250 (oh yeah, it's the real deal) going about 148mph on packed clay with ice studs. He left his helmet off to prevent drag, and then we shaved his eyebrows and armpits and made him cover himself in bacon grease to promote thermal flash resistance.

Don't even tell me you don't know what thermal flash resistance is either. Anyone who's ridden a boosted CR knows.

Bottom line is, your bike will pass a Banshee so fast the Banshee will probably fly off it's line due to the dirty air your wake will create.