Should i do this trade?

There is a guy selling a 2000 yz426 on craigslist. here is what the post says:

2000 YZ426F in excellent condition. FMF Titanium 4 silencer and mid pipe, uni filter, pro taper bars. This bike is like new. It only has two rides on its second rear tire ever. It still has the original front tire and I have a like new front I can throw in. Oil changed after every 2 rides, very well maintained. I am only selling the bike because I want to get a 250F. Please feel free to call me with questions. $2750 obo.

I offered him a trade for my 02 yz250f and he said he would think about it. Nothing is wrong with my bike but i am 6'3 now and think it would be wise to get something i can grow into. His bike is well taken care of just like mine. The only things that worry me are:

the weight, but i can handle my dads pretty easily

it has never had a top end i dont think

he said the exhaust has a spark arrestor, but it does not say usfs approved. will i be ok on the trails?

I guess im just asking if you guys think i would be wise to do this trade or not?

I love my dads 426 but I guess I am just reluctant to trade my perfectly running bike. thanks for the help in advance and sorry for the long post

I think the bike is a little over priced... Kelly Blue Book lists it for $2575 if its in mint condition. Why not just save up another grand, sell your bike and get something newer? I wouldn't trade your bike for the 426.... its 2 years older.

yeah i thoguht it was a bit over priced but i wont be paying anything...itd be a straight trade i think. i would save up money for a 450 but i am in high school and soon to be college so im trying to save up as much money as i can now to pay for food through college. I know it is two years older but wouldnt i get more life out of this bike then my 250 since the rpms will stay much lower?

thanks for the advice guys. I talked to my dad and he said that i should ride my bike for awhile more and then we can just switch since he has a 2000 yz426 and i am much bigger then him. I should have showed you pics though...it is a really clean bike and it had a lot more extras then the guy mentioned

thanks for the advice guys. I talked to my dad and he said that i should ride my bike for awhile more and then we can just switch since he has a 2000 yz426 and i am much bigger then him. I should have showed you pics though...it is a really clean bike and it had a lot more extras then the guy mentioned

that is good fatherly advice....I think you would be happier with a newer bike than a 2000......coming from A 2002. Even if it is a 250f

yeh the bike is in great condition

heres the link to the add

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/mcy/294771999.html

He said he barely has ridden the bike because its just to much for him because he is only 5'8.

I cant help but think this bike will be more reliable then my 250f because the rpms will be so much lower. We never really ride tight stuff where the nimbleness of the 250f shines. We onyl ride logging roads and double track.