Should I hold out for 08?

I'm very impressed with the 07 WR. But am curious to see what you fellow TT'ers may think is in store for 08. I know it's early but...

I don't see FI for 08 and can't think of anything new any exciting just because the YZ is not drastically differernt in 07.

Your Thoughts?

No real changes to 09 or 10 so go for it now?

No real changes to 09 or 10 so go for it now?

Do you work for Yamaha?

Yeh, chevy where do you get your info? They telling you something down under that we don't know about stateside?

If you look back at history, you usually see major changes every 2 or there years, and the YZ gets all the goodies first that trickles down the next year to the WR's, you can Bet on that!!!!!!!!!!!!! if yz has no major upgrades over the we this year you can bet nothing new is coming for wr's next year, so i would go ahead and buy the 07 now............ Only minor changes for next year such as the air box fix and a few other glitches fixed up.....

I have not owned anything but a yamaha since I had a 1982 XR200 when I was a kid. But I have been racing a KTM XC 525 down in baja with my team since 2005 and have fallen in love.

You all in the WR forum may hate me but I think I'm going to hold out for an 08 KTM XC 525 or whatever displacement it happens to be. But I'm definetly not going to sell my plated 01 WR!!

I'm very impressed with the 07 WR. But am curious to see what you fellow TT'ers may think is in store for 08. I know it's early but...

I don't see FI for 08 and can't think of anything new any exciting just because the YZ is not drastically differernt in 07.

Your Thoughts?

The only thing I can think of are the twin chamber forks that may show up on next years WR. We should have got them this year considering they have been out on the YZ's for two years now. Yamaha screwed us on this.

Just wait for the 2012, They are suppose to be the best! You can ride your sisters quad while waiting!

I wouldn't wait, history teaches us that with yamaha we usually get the goodies from the yz450 one year after them, and also it's usually a 2 year spurt between major changes so i think the 08 will just be a tuned up 07, imho. what do you guys think of that theory??

I agree with the not waiting. So much so, I picked my 2007 WR450 up over the weekend. Sweet looking bike. Have all of the usual goodies on order. Can't wait to see how she runs uncorked.:)