HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
toofast2

Chain,how many links????

11 posts in this topic

OK Guy's,I'm going to buy a new chain,I'm taking Gray's advice:worthy: and

purchasing a Regina 520 ORN-6,Dennis Kirk sells them for $91 for a 114 link.

my QUESTION is:how many links on a stock "06" YZF 450..(13t front/49t rear)

I believe it is 114 link but want to confirm on this :applause: website THX ED

P.S. $91 can I do better??:eek:

I can't say about your length, 114 is common. Price wise right here on thumper talk they are $73.13. Thats a much better price than $91.

I can't say about your length, 114 is common. Price wise right here on thumper talk they are $73.13. Thats a much better price than $91.

Yes, Dennis Kirk charges alot. I order from Rockymountain and motosport.

the links are determined by the sprocket sizes you will use....I never buy a precut from std 120link chain. I cut mine for the size sprockets I have....I have a few new chains that were too short at 114links.....this will make the rear wheel way too close to the front of the swingarm...negatively affecting riding.

I bought the ORN-6 with my new Ironman 49/14. After taking 6 links out (120-114) the rear axle was almost perfectly in the center of the adjustment window. Based on Gray's experience, don't count on the ORN-6 stretching much.

There is a great suspension article in the current issue of Motocross Action by Bones Bacon (Pro Circuit) where he talks about the impact of rear axle position on suspension, unfortunately I left it at home. If I remember correctly, the farther back you have the rear axle the more leverage you have on the rear shock and the softer it feels.

$91 is way too much. Tell Dennis to have a nice day, won't you? Buy from TT.

don't tell on TT that you are purchasing parts from other places :applause:

OK,me bad,I only buy from "Those places",because they do COD as I don't

have a credit card,and don't do Paypal.

You're paying a premium for that. I don't buy everything here, necessarily, although I certainly prefer to, but the price you quoted is $25 too high.

You're paying a premium for that. I don't buy everything here, necessarily, although I certainly prefer to, but the price you quoted is $25 too high.

Once again, I agree with Gray.....

And for $25, I think you should call TT and find another way to pay them in place of a credit card, 'cause you won't find any better service than from the TT store........

Thanks,the $91 quote was for the ORS chain,for the ORN its $77,TT wants

$73,yes I would definitely get it from TT,but I guess I would have to send them a check,and wait for it to clear before they deliver it...THX ED...P.S. Quad Avatar will be removed when I get similar pic on 2 wheels!..plus its still a 450 yamaha! !!