Chain,how many links????

OK Guy's,I'm going to buy a new chain,I'm taking Gray's advice:worthy: and

purchasing a Regina 520 ORN-6,Dennis Kirk sells them for $91 for a 114 link.

my QUESTION is:how many links on a stock "06" YZF 450..(13t front/49t rear)

I believe it is 114 link but want to confirm on this :applause: website THX ED

P.S. $91 can I do better??:eek:

I can't say about your length, 114 is common. Price wise right here on thumper talk they are $73.13. Thats a much better price than $91.

I can't say about your length, 114 is common. Price wise right here on thumper talk they are $73.13. Thats a much better price than $91.

Yes, Dennis Kirk charges alot. I order from Rockymountain and motosport.

the links are determined by the sprocket sizes you will use....I never buy a precut from std 120link chain. I cut mine for the size sprockets I have....I have a few new chains that were too short at 114links.....this will make the rear wheel way too close to the front of the swingarm...negatively affecting riding.

$91 is way too much. Tell Dennis to have a nice day, won't you? Buy from TT.

I bought the ORN-6 with my new Ironman 49/14. After taking 6 links out (120-114) the rear axle was almost perfectly in the center of the adjustment window. Based on Gray's experience, don't count on the ORN-6 stretching much.

There is a great suspension article in the current issue of Motocross Action by Bones Bacon (Pro Circuit) where he talks about the impact of rear axle position on suspension, unfortunately I left it at home. If I remember correctly, the farther back you have the rear axle the more leverage you have on the rear shock and the softer it feels.

$91 is way too much. Tell Dennis to have a nice day, won't you? Buy from TT.

don't tell on TT that you are purchasing parts from other places :applause:

OK,me bad,I only buy from "Those places",because they do COD as I don't

have a credit card,and don't do Paypal.

You're paying a premium for that. I don't buy everything here, necessarily, although I certainly prefer to, but the price you quoted is $25 too high.

You're paying a premium for that. I don't buy everything here, necessarily, although I certainly prefer to, but the price you quoted is $25 too high.

Once again, I agree with Gray.....

And for $25, I think you should call TT and find another way to pay them in place of a credit card, 'cause you won't find any better service than from the TT store........

Thanks,the $91 quote was for the ORS chain,for the ORN its $77,TT wants

$73,yes I would definitely get it from TT,but I guess I would have to send them a check,and wait for it to clear before they deliver it...THX ED...P.S. Quad Avatar will be removed when I get similar pic on 2 wheels!..plus its still a 450 yamaha!!!