Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stuntrider7x

07 xr650l Brake Light problem

7 posts in this topic

Hi, on my 07 xr650l when you step on the rear brake the brake light lights up like it should but when i pull my front brake lever it makes the clicking noise from the switch but the brake light does not light up, has anyone ever had this problem Thanks!!!

sounds like you have a bad switch, follow the wires from the switch to the connector and make sure it's plugged in. you can test the switch with an ohmmeter or you can short the two wires together and the light should come on.

I'd say let the dealer mess with it unless its an inconvenience.Your bike should be under warranty.

Todd

I'd say let the dealer mess with it unless its an inconvenience.Your bike should be under warranty.

Todd

agree

Soo, what was the outcome of the frint brake issue? I just installed a smaller rear light, foot pedal works for brake light, but hand lever doesn't! When I get home im gonna check fuse because as I recall, there was no side stand light on dash after install n I think they all go to same fuse, I just don't want to replace the switch if not needed

take the 2 wires from the switch,cross them with the key on,,if the brake light lights up you need a switch,,if not look further..

B