HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tonyyamaha19

2006 YZ 450 - fRONT TIRE

15 posts in this topic

Currently I am running the Stock Tire on an indoor very hard packed track will go back to my dunlop 756 when I go back outdoors and ride in some softer mx conditions.

I just picked up a dunlop 756 as per everybodys recommendations. All I know so far, is it was the easiest tire I've ever mounted.:applause:

The new D745 is my favorite so far for SoCal. The 755 is a soft to soft intermediate tire. Wouldn't work for me, but you didn't say what kind of dirt you're running in.

Michelin S-12 is hands down the best front tire I have ever run. It is designed as a soft terrain tire but it works great on everything including hardpack. It wears better than say a D756, but it will chunk up in rocky stuff.

I tried a Michelin S-12 on my 2006 YZ450 for the first time this last weekend. The GP track in Hollister was in great shape and this tire worked really well. Cornering was excellent. Intermediate terrain, a few hard spots. I've been running the 756, I think this tired worked just as well and from what I hear they last longer.

im running the 756 and i have no issues with it, i did have to get tire presure right or i did notice that it will not stick at all!! little to high it will wash out and to low it will wash out.. i run Metcalf a lot and i found that i run about 7-9 PSI and it works good for me.

Hey Gray , compare the D952 and the new D745
The 952 is my second favorite. I think it has perhaps slightly better straight line braking performance than the 745, but the 745 holds corners better on most soils I've ridden in so far, including well watered and groomed foothills track dirt, hard pack, silt, and the variety of soils that make up the local deserts. It also is more predictable and controllable at the limit of traction. California is a real problem to pick a tire for sometimes, as I'm sure you are aware. So far, this is the best I've found. Can't claim to have tried them all, though.

Ga. hard pack flat corners or deep rutts for corners. I moved from Fla. with beautiful high banked sandy burms and my ms3 doesnt doit here. I will be mounting a bridgestone m401 90/100/21.... not an 80/100/21. provided we do not get rained out , I have high expectations. Before i ride I will double check my sag / run 13 psi / and 2 clicks softer on the front compression. I'm gettin a chubby just thinkin about it.

im running the 756 and i have no issues with it, i did have to get tire presure right or i did notice that it will not stick at all!! little to high it will wash out and to low it will wash out.. i run Metcalf a lot and i found that i run about 7-9 PSI and it works good for me.
'

I had to soften my front rebound a couple clicks when I put the 756 on my YZ to try it out compared to my usual S-12.

I am actually using the Bridgestone M401 for the clay down here and it works great. In Georgia it really shines, but try going with the 90-100-21, it makes a huge diffrence in corners. I actually ordered it on accident and I decided to run it and it ended up being everything I dreamed for.

My fav is the 756. I'm in the Mid-West area. Other tires just don't seem to hold corrners very well. I haven't tried the 745. I might look into it though.