HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishthumper

99 Xr-650l

4 posts in this topic

Got a problem maybe someone can figure this one out?

I have no spark. I check all the safety switches and they all work. so I bought a new CDI put it in and it work, went to start it this morning and nothing again. I check all the power and then check the rectifier it's saying that I should have 700 to 15,000 ohms and when I tested the rectifier it read 22,170 ohms would this keep the bike from starting? has anyone had this problem. Steve

I've had mine not start a couple of times. I wiggled the kill switch and it started. I'm not sure if that was the problem, but it did start.

Got a problem maybe someone can figure this one out?

I have no spark. I check all the safety switches and they all work. so I bought a new CDI put it in and it work, went to start it this morning and nothing again. I check all the power and then check the rectifier it's saying that I should have 700 to 15,000 ohms and when I tested the rectifier it read 22,170 ohms would this keep the bike from starting? has anyone had this problem. Steve

Yes, too much resistance at the rectifier = Bad is not charging the battery, or powering the ignition :applause:

I've had mine not start a couple of times. I wiggled the kill switch and it started. I'm not sure if that was the problem, but it did start.

Mine does this all the time, I just use the key now :applause: