how bad is THIS?

So, I was all happy putting on my desert tank tonite, and I looked at the bike at a weird angle. It appears by front end isn't pointing straight forward. When purchased, the PO said that he had just put front wheel bearings in. I am thinking the fork tube is maybe twisted somehow, and was put back together improperly/misaligned. I feel like a dips**t now, as I was getting ready to tear the front axle out and see why my front wheel doesnt spin so well for having fresh bearings. Hmmm. Take a look.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/slepe67/DSC01446.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b210/slepe67/DSC01447.jpg

The shots are straight on, handlebars are damn near perfectly straight. So now what? String line measurements?

It does look strange, but it could just be that the fork tubes twisted in the triple clamps. They can twist form a crash or maybe the clomps are loose. Loosen all 4 places where the triple clamps pinch the forks and align everything as best you can. Then tighten to the correct torque.

The brake may be dragging, if the bearings were bad the wheel would flop around.

This could be a result of the mission to pergola that you went on a few weeks ago?

DOHHHHHHH! I was thinking the same thing. I remember riding the bike once a ways back and wondering if the front wheel was straight. I HOPE it wasnt from the launch:) :eek: Good catch!

just hold the front tire in between your legs and turn the handle bars the opposite direction.

Like my kids bicycle?:applause:

I'm with Cleo, prob just forks twisted in the clamps. I've had that happen while crashing a few times. Straighten them out and go.

Once again, Cleo to the rescue. Thanks you guys. Hey, eli366, I where at in MT you from? I grew up outside Great Falls.

loosen the bottom triple clamp bolts (leave the top set done up), now sit on the bike, hold the front brake lever then compress (push your weight down on the front) the front end half a dozen times. tighten the bottom triple clamps up again.

USAF-Air Force Special Ops. Miss the hell out of MT and her wide open spaces/privacy. by the way, I did all the concrete foundations and footers for the Pamida (Costco) that went up around 9 or 10 years ago. Got to be good friends with the old dude who owned the concrete plant out there.

USAF-Air Force Special Ops. Miss the hell out of MT and her wide open spaces/privacy. by the way, I did all the concrete foundations and footers for the Pamida (Costco) that went up around 9 or 10 years ago. Got to be good friends with the old dude who owned the concrete plant out there.

Its a pamida, Fosum has the ready mix here. I came back afer a few years in the Army and after finishing my degree. I am glad I did. This is a great place to raise a family.