HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goose3763

What size sprocket...

16 posts in this topic

I need a new, rear sprocket and I was just wondering what size it is. How many teeth is a stock, rear sprocket for a '06 YZF450. No guesses, please. Thanks.

Stock is 49. Why didn't you just look at your manual or count the sprocket teeth on your bike?

Answering questions for someone that is too lazy to simply look at their bike is not my cup of tea. Try to put forth some effort of your own next time.

Thanks, I appreciate the help, but how about you know all the facts before you go off and call me lazy. My bike happens to be in Cali right now and I am in Nevada. So counting the teeth or looking in the manual is kinda hard when you're a couple hundred miles away from the sources.

Also, who's to say whatever is on his bike is stock to begin with.... either answer the question or move on but posting mindless blather is a waist of time.

:applause:

J

stock is 49. for track and most riding i keep it at that. i threw a 50 on for the dunes for a little extra bottom. did it help? i dunno, but in my head it did so that all that matters right. check out the WB sprockets, they look clean.

Also, who's to say whatever is on his bike is stock to begin with.... either answer the question or move on but posting mindless blather is a waist of time.

:eek:

J

I did answer the question, but like you said, how should I know what's on his bike?

Goose, sorry to bust your balls, but maybe next time, state the facts in the original post to avoid such a thing. Guys that have been here a while (6500+ posts) have answered question after question countless times and appreciate all the info right off the bat. We also appreciate a person doing as much research as possible on their own before asking the question. Fair enough? :applause:

stock is 49. for track and most riding i keep it at that. i threw a 50 on for the dunes for a little extra bottom. did it help? i dunno, but in my head it did so that all that matters right. check out the WB sprockets, they look clean.

The WB sprockets are really good. They were actually Talon Groovelites before WB renamed them.

Cool thanks for the help guys. Another question then, if I change the size of the rear sprocket to more or less teeth, do I, also, have to change the front sprocket size, as well.

No, you don't.

Gearing is simple math. Divide the tooth count of the front into the tooth count of the rear, and you have the final drive ratio (not the overall ratio), compare different combinations to see the effect.

I love Ironman sprockets, wear guaranteed for a year - a must have for a big bore thumper if you ride on the torque side of the powerband. You wont be unhappy! IMO

i've got Iron Man sprockets on mine and its a 51 rear not sure what front and it has somuch bottom end and top end and it still beats my friends 03 450 with stock sprockets

i've got Iron Man sprockets on mine and its a 51 rear not sure what front and it has somuch bottom end and top end and it still beats my friends 03 450 with stock sprockets

:applause: No Way! Are you serious!? That's so sweet!

:applause: No Way! Are you serious!? That's so sweet!

your mean:shocked:

lol

unless you were actually serious which i highly doubt:p