Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nysurfsf

Throttle Cable for 2007 yz450f (stock or who else?)

4 posts in this topic

Is there a company that makes a better one?

I know motion pro (25.99) or (34.99) and sunline (49.99)make throttle cables for the '07 450f via motosport.

Stock is $25.99 from power parts plus? (Doubt they stock it, just one of those places that sells Yam parts database on discount)

Also need the stock Pro Taper handle bar? I beleive the bars were designed for the bike so they are "stock"

So a reed/henry/windham/carmichael bar would all be the wrong height? Am I correct?

Specs for the '07 say special bar bend raises the grip 8mm to expand cockpit.

Yes. Opening day crash will cost close to $1000. Visor, goggles and helmet (Arai) all broken as well. (Not me, a buddy)

Also need the stock Pro Taper handle bar? I beleive the bars were designed for the bike so they are "stock"

So a reed/henry/windham/carmichael bar would all be the wrong height? Am I correct?

Specs for the '07 say special bar bend raises the grip 8mm to expand cockpit.

Yes. Opening day crash will cost close to $1000. Visor, goggles and helmet (Arai) all broken as well. (Not me, a buddy)

The Henry/Reed bend should be roughly like the stock '07 if the OEM bar is 8mm taller than the '06 was, as Yamaha claims. The sweep may be a little different, but it's not a lot. IMO, the newer YZF bar bends are, um, weird.

The cables are the same as the '06, and TT OEM Parts lists parts for the '06 now. Very deep discounts for $10/yr. :applause:

The bars are the same height as reed/henry bend the only difference is that they are more straight the reed bend has more pull back. I have both sets of bars and put them side by side. For the throttle cable just use the stock one and lube it up once in awhile.