HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
randall205

XR600R Thumb throttle

3 posts in this topic

Has anyone ever tried putting a thumb throttle on their XR600 with stock carb? I am converting my '93 XR600 to a drag three wheeler since I already have a few other bikes, and I'd kind of like to use a thumb throttle because it gives me better control while riding a wheelie. I have thought about taking off the push cable and modifying the pull cable to fit into an ATC350X thumb throttle (the trike I'm using as a donor). What problems happen when you don't use the push cable? Thanks for any help,

-Jed

You can dump the push cable. I think that it is a lawyer driven design.

Thanks for the reply. I kind of thought the same thing... If anyone else has any ideas on this, or if anyone has mounted a single cable throttle I'd love to hear how it goes. I'm still waiting on my main bearings before I can get this thing together, I'm hoping it'll be tearing up the sand by Easter, though it probably won't be running on the blue bottle until after I can get it on a dyno. Thanks,

-Jed