HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
drop

What's your favourite headlight for the XR650R?

10 posts in this topic

The previous owner of my bike put a headlight from an XR650L on my R when he dualsported it. I don't really like the look of it though and would like to replace it with an aftermarket light. What are some of your favourite lights for the XR650R? Street legality is not a must.

I really like my Baja Designs 8". Downsides are price and weight. But with a 55w bulb and no stator mods it throws out tons of light. Puts the stocker to shame.

gotta be these lights! soooooo cool and probably pretty bright too. but back to the improtant part, sooooooooooooooo coooool!!!!

CRF450R-02-Baja-1000-Racebi.jpg

I just put a Acerbis Cyclops headlight on my XR650R, and it is a bout 1000 times better than the stocker. I did have to install a new stator, but that was easy and took only an hour to do.

I really wish I could afford the dual HIDs, but thats a bit out of my price range for now.

Nice thing about the Baja light is you can pull two pins and one plug and the light is off the bike, put it some place safe and you can crash all day. If your are still able to ride by night fall, plug the llight back on and you are good to go.

123%20(2).JPG

Anyone run the 8 inch baja designs light on the street? Can you just aim it down out of people's eyes? What a about a switch with a resister that will lower the light output for oncoming traffic?

WOW those are cool! Never have seen those before.

What year ??

Mid 80's XL600LM that we never got in the US. Here is a pic of one...

106907842-M.jpg

Anyone run the 8 inch baja designs light on the street? Can you just aim it down out of people's eyes? What a about a switch with a resister that will lower the light output for oncoming traffic?

I street ride with mine all the time. Yes, it's easily adjustable to whatever angle you want--even on the fly if need be.