Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mxcowboy

License plate bracket for 2007 WR450F?

26 posts in this topic

Has anybody came up with a license plate bracket that will hold up and mount nice for the 2007?

Preferably one I can just buy and mount.

I made one out of a plastic roof vent from Lowes. Cost me $8.00 and it is better than anything else I found. I used some longer screws and attached it right to the bottom of the taillight assembly in the stock holes. Since then I added blinkers using the same screws. Send me an email at greg@highdesertadventures.net and I'll send you some pics.

Yamaha (GYTR) makes holders for the 2007, but it is not available in the U.S. I saw pics on TT from a guy in Austraila and callled Yamaha with the part number. They could not get me one in the U.S.

Ryco motorsports makes a very nice aluminum mount. It also has room for turn signal mounts.

I know you want to just buy one, but it is extremely cheap and easy to make one if you're patient and creative. Mine cost me about $5 and 45 min.

1404968701660.jpg

1404968745830.jpg

Factory look, uses stock taillight.

bracket256_zps665f7c4a.jpg

You have never caught that in your tire?

No they won't get caught in the tire. The one mod I ended up doing on the dirt bike was to drill through the original holes and use button head bolts on top and nuts underneath. Never has gone anywhere. Even the flush mount turn signals have hung in there through thick and thin.

I have mine mounted similarly to that, using a DRC Edge. I drilled a YZ fender to mount it. I doubt it'll catch in the wheel but I'm on 17s...

Factory look, uses stock taillight.

bracket256_zps665f7c4a.jpg

I like what you've done there. Do you have a picture showing how you mounted it underneath the light? What is the black material you are using? It looks like plastic? I really need to make myself a license plate bracket as well.

I would say it can be made from any plastic I like it kind of soft so that it gives if a crash.

I use the Ryco mount on both of my bikes. Mounts under the stock light with longer screws. He ships it with a flimsy rubber plate holder, which my bike ate up and spit out. I now use the a plate holder from Rocky Mountain, and no more problems.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

I like what you've done there. Do you have a picture showing how you mounted it underneath the light? What is the black material you are using? It looks like plastic? I really need to make myself a license plate bracket as well.

I use the Ryco mount on both of my bikes. Mounts under the stock light with longer screws. He ships it with a flimsy rubber plate holder, which my bike ate up and spit out. I now use the a plate holder from Rocky Mountain, and no more problems.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Just like Derwud above said it's a Ryco mount. On my street Supermoto I used Ryco's longer screws that go into the factory holes underneath. On my dirt WR450 I used button head screws on the top drilled through with nuts underneath. The plastic piece for the plate in the picture is either from Ryco or Baja designs. The bike in the picture was a friends bike that I put a Baja designs kit on with a Ryco plate holder and stock headlight. I didn't like the look of the Baja designs lights.

1 person likes this

I also use the drc edge on the yz fender looks great and doesn't catch the tire if you put it back enough to where the tailight is flush with the end of the fender