HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Italian Stallion

Can we beat a dead horse again?

12 posts in this topic

I just ordered a full DR D exhaust {new design] they told me that the headpipe was lower so you can use the rad lowering kit. They got me! iI said ah.. throw them in too I guess.. Do they work or what? can you notice the difference? I am not gonna be able to try the bike out for at least another month It has been bitterly F..ing cold where I live. I can just stare at my bike in the garage with my new mods! Does this pipe fix the lazy bottom end ? I am going to do the AP mod also. tell me how these mods work.Thanks guys.

From what I have read in is noticable. As for the pipe, I have one too. It definately gives more bottom end. My 450 has absolute GOBS of bottom end now. Noticabley more than stock. I can be going like 10mph in 3rd gear, hammer it, and clear a double that is only 45 feet away with no problem at all. Simply put the pipe is awesome and it looks unique...I have only seen 1 other guy with one like mine.

Does this pipe fix the lazy bottom end ?

Yes, that much I can tell you. Running head to head against my own rather well tuned '03, my '06 will match it step for step in initial acceleration coming off a corner, or whatever, but then the '06 asserts itself and starts to pull away. The beauty of it is that on the '04, you have to constantly pay attention to throttle control, whereas on the '06 you can be much more relaxed about busting into it. The magazines call that "soft", and "lazy". Shows what they know.

Jason, I've got the Lo-Boy Carbon on my 07 450 and really like it. Feels like the stock powerband only more everywhere to me, which is what I wanted. I sprung for the radiator lowering kit too, and while I don't think it made a huge difference like the mags say, I felt an improvement setting up for corners, esp. with braking chop entering a groove or rut. Looks cool too!

Thanks guys I can t wait to ride my bike ! although it will be 3 haircuts from now.Man I hate the winter.You guys in the south and in Cali don t know how good you have it . I take that back you do! I heard the red hot chilly chokers just came out with a new album and I heard in one song they don t sing about California

They don't sing about the taxation and regulation much though, do they. If the state wasn't so beautiful and the weather so great, there'd be no reason to stay here.

They don't sing about the taxation and regulation much though, do they. If the state wasn't so beautiful and the weather so great, there'd be no reason to stay here.

Lol ! Thats because those guys never paid taxes till pappas conection with big Sol kicked in and buy that time.To quote Dire Straits 'That little f..got hes a millionare'! lol.Yeah besides our health care we take it dry to.l

i got the DR.D pipe on my 06 and i got the zip ty carb mods and all i can say is that this bike has TONNNNNNSSSS of bottem end, it scared me at first cuz i wasent use to it lol:applause:

i got the DR.D pipe on my 06 and i got the zip ty carb mods and all i can say is that this bike has TONNNNNNSSSS of bottem end, it scared me at first cuz i wasent use to it lol:applause:

That's good to hear you know what this pipe cost me to get here? All things Included.Oh and the low rad kit to.$870.00! A bit of kick in the nuts.Can you Imagine the titanium one? this is ridiculous! between the US and Canadian exchange and some other import BS was 161.00 alone! I was thinking about sending my carb to ziip ty but these crazy U.P.S charges have got me turned off. What iis zip ty doing to the carbs? It would most certainly be better for me in Canada to do it myself.Or is doing the AP mode and changing the leak jet enough? Anyone?