Largest rear sprocket on a '07 YZ450

I use my YZ450 for trail only and want to lower the gearing. Id like to do a 52-53 tooth rear sporcket (because i dont want to go from a 13T to a 12T in the front). But my question is can you go that big with the stock rear chain guide?? The chain looks pretty close with the stock 49 and wonder if the 52/53 will rub on it.

I use my YZ450 for trail only and want to lower the gearing. Id like to do a 52-53 tooth rear sporcket (because i dont want to go from a 13T to a 12T in the front). But my question is can you go that big with the stock rear chain guide?? The chain looks pretty close with the stock 49 and wonder if the 52/53 will rub on it.

I'll show you what a 51 looks like when I put it on this week.

I think a 52 works if you take off the front bolt and tweak the guide a bit. How much low end do you want???? These things are crazy already.

try putting on a flywheel weight, this will help out much more than changing the gearing. and it is alot better for woods and up and coming riders

I'll show you what a 51 looks like when I put it on this week.

100_3588.jpg

100_3587.jpg

I run 12-52 and love it. No problems whatsoever. I have been running these for almost a year now. :applause:

I was just sitting here wondering why mine looked so different than the one in the pics. I am betting its because I run an 18" rear.

100_3588.jpg

100_3587.jpg

wow... 2 up is the max you can go!

thx... i was just about to order a 52.

maybe i will play with the -1front as well.

SLOW-Single-track!