HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jokintom24

Largest rear sprocket on a '07 YZ450

8 posts in this topic

I use my YZ450 for trail only and want to lower the gearing. Id like to do a 52-53 tooth rear sporcket (because i dont want to go from a 13T to a 12T in the front). But my question is can you go that big with the stock rear chain guide?? The chain looks pretty close with the stock 49 and wonder if the 52/53 will rub on it.

I use my YZ450 for trail only and want to lower the gearing. Id like to do a 52-53 tooth rear sporcket (because i dont want to go from a 13T to a 12T in the front). But my question is can you go that big with the stock rear chain guide?? The chain looks pretty close with the stock 49 and wonder if the 52/53 will rub on it.

I'll show you what a 51 looks like when I put it on this week.

I think a 52 works if you take off the front bolt and tweak the guide a bit. How much low end do you want???? These things are crazy already.

try putting on a flywheel weight, this will help out much more than changing the gearing. and it is alot better for woods and up and coming riders

100_3588.jpg

100_3587.jpg

wow... 2 up is the max you can go!

thx... i was just about to order a 52.

maybe i will play with the -1front as well.

SLOW-Single-track!