HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheelnut46

Frame Guards? XR650L

10 posts in this topic

The paint on my frame is rubbing off from either my boots or my jeans. I would have expected that if I was wearing off road riding boots but the funny thing is that I don't even have riding boots yet, just hiking boots and steel toed work boots.

I've seen those triangle shaped frame guards that cover and protect the frame tubes. Does anyone here know where to get them?

I put a set of aluminum gaurds off of a XR600R on mine I just had to remove a little metal off the gaurd where the passenger peg brackets mount.

Dan

ive been looking for a set for my 650L also, seems most of the companys that made them for the 600R (whick would fit with minor mods) stopped making them . UFO still makes the plastic ones, they only come in white but its better than nothing. ill have a set as soon as theyre off backorder :applause:

I was really lucky and found a new set of acerbis plastic guards a couple of years ago. I'm pretty sure they quit making them.

Schedule 20 pvc pipe and some hoseclamps might work. :applause:

I have Works Connection guards on my 600, but I can't confirm nor deny if they make them anymore because I already have some and haven't been looking for new ones.