Fuel boil???

Yesterday at the track I would go out for a couple of laps and I noticed my fuel coming out of my vent. I have one of those cap dealies with a clear line and the fuel was perkulating through the vent. It would do this for several minutes. So I switched back to the stock line and after riding I could hear it still perkulating?????? It was only about 65 degrees yesterday, nothing crazy. I've never noticed this before. Anyone else have this problem???? Or is it a problem?????

I have a '06 YZ 450

Are you positive the fuel is boiling?

I ask this because the 06 yzf450 had a bad batch of gas caps, I know I had one. At first I thought the fuel was boiling, especially since it was 100 + degrees when I discovered this. I thought it might be the little trickd out vent line I had, it wasn't; even after putting the stock vent line back on I discovered that the fuel was spilling out onto the front fender via the vent line. I replaced the gas cap and problem solved. So I feel the solution to your problem is get a new gas cap. Yamaha might take care of this for you but don't count on it. I bought an aftermarket billet gas cap on ebay, I figured if I was going to have to buy a lame part like a gas cap it might as well look cool.

Good Luck

Started having problems with my 06 450 bogging/cutting out on landings. thought it was a float level problem, but turns out that I've got a bad cap. Fuel is sloshing up into cap and causing a vapor lock??? Anyway, just ordered a sexy billet cap!

Ok, I just took the cap apart and I think that the hole was located too close to the cut in the rubber. I just switched it around and it seems to be working better. There really isn't much to these things, so I really don't know what could be bad on it????? I really would like to spend $60 on some other goodies for the bike. If anyone has any suggestions to fix this please let me know.

Thanks Chad

I had the same problem on my 99 YZ400 this weekend. Also, my vent hose was cracked so gas was dripping onto the cap and tank instead of just the fender. Had to wipe it clean every so often on the trails. I just ordered a new cap from pit posse, especially since the local yamaha dealer wants 30 bucks for the stock plastic one...

Thanks for the heads up on pitposse. I had never heard of them before and realized their shop is right by my house. They have a good selection of parts and great prices compared to the local yamaha dealer. I stopped in after work today and they let me cancel the internet order and just pick up the new gas cap. really nice guys.

Thanks for the heads up on pitposse. I had never heard of them before and realized their shop is right by my house. They have a good selection of parts and great prices compared to the local yamaha dealer. I stopped in after work today and they let me cancel the internet order and just pick up the new gas cap. really nice guys.

Yeah, I used them a little when I was on the East Coast....great company!

Should I get one of those fancy seat covers that have the seams in it to hold my arse on the seat. All about the ponies........heehee:thumbsup:

:eek:?

I was thinking about using velcro on my seat and pants once that new cap gets here :applause: