HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XRsteve

Why...?

5 posts in this topic

Why does it seem like not very many people use steering dampers on their 650Ls? I just put a scotts on mine last week and it feels so much better at high speeds. I took it out yesterday and it feels like its riding on rails. No wobble or headshake, even at 75+ mph. It was pretty easy to install, no harder than the kit I put on my XR400.

I'd love to put one on, a lot of $ though. Did you use the under bar mount, did you need new bars, etc..

i put one on mine when i had only 100 miles on it, made a huge difference in high speed stability (i do alot of highway)... just converted to usd forks and am able to run alot lower setting on it but i still like the benefits the scotts damper give me :applause: oh yeah, mine was the top mount one, just had to tweak the crossbar a little for clearance but everything else worked just fine

I used the standard bolt on kit. The bars are renthal cr high. I did have to remove a little material from the steering lock assembly, but it wasn't too hard. The trick was to make sure everything had clearance before you get it all back together.

I also had to trim the dipstick a little. Having a damper and an IMS 4 gallon tank makes it a little harder to get the dipstick threaded in, but still not bad.

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00736.jpg