HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robman

New FMF Quiet Pipe

6 posts in this topic

I've been running one for about 6 or 8 months.I like it ok it flatens out the mid range.but it gives more off the bottom.it weights less than stock but it's long. Sound is good not as loud as uncorked stock pipe.

Robman, do you have the powerbomb header and the Q pipe or just the pipe? Just curious because I am seriously considering replacing my E-series with the Powerbomb and the Q pipe. Eric

Yeah, but are they really quiet, I've heard that they are a long way from being quiet and really expensive.. Now I don't want to stop anyone from making money but my WR426 with the stock pipe and a vortip in it hauls ass and is pretty darn quiet and the vortip costs $50.00 not $400.00..

Baja, Mexico resident in Winter, where they love noise, but I don't.. Speed here is only limited by your right hand!!

KerryT,

Have been running the FMF Q & Power Bomb header for a while now. I think this is an excellent combination really woke up my WR. I was really kind of surprised with the power increase I was just looking to quite it down some. I can't say it is much quieter but it sure dose run.

Has anyone tried the new FMF Quiet pipe that they have been advertising in Dirt Bike mag? They tested the pipe on the XR400, KTM400 and the DRZ400 but not the WR's. What's up with that? Aren't the WR's the loud ones that everyone is complaining about? So why didn't they try it on that? Because it's a race bike? Come on!

I wonder what the power/sound is like compared the an unplugged WR?