HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Motosprtman

Chain advice

4 posts in this topic

Lookin at replacing the stock chain on my 650L as the snail adjusters are nearing the red - just got into the green I think and set at about 24 clicks each. Looking at the DID Xring chain - but 89.00 bucks!

also thinking of going back to either 14/48 or 15/48

DID 520 X-RING Chain 520x110

Reccomendations ?

There is an ebay guy that has a store with 120 link, precut did o-ring chains for 60.00 with no shipping charges. I think his id isPetemmd. This is what I am going to order soon to replace my chain. It comes with a clip style master link and the only draw back is that you will have to cut the chain to your own length.

Also on ebay is "dirtparts" rk x ring chain ( better than the D.I.D. ) and new JT steel sprockets any gearing you want for $89. I bought them 8 months ago, 2500 miles have yet to adjust the the chain, though its about time. Got the exact gearing I wanted 14/48. I have to say I am more than satisfied. I have looked at them all, this was best quality for the price.

Also on ebay is "dirtparts" rk x ring chain ( better than the D.I.D. ) and new JT steel sprockets any gearing you want for $89. I bought them 8 months ago, 2500 miles have yet to adjust the the chain, though its about time. Got the exact gearing I wanted 14/48. I have to say I am more than satisfied. I have looked at them all, this was best quality for the price.

Thats a good/GREAT price!

Also if you only ride road, maybe a standard chain(with reg oiling) will do, but I'm sold on my "ringed" chain, very little adjustment. Worth the $$.