HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moontana

total amount of oil

13 posts in this topic

In a 06 yz450f what is the total amount of oil you put in when you change the oil and oil filter? and the total for just changing it. Answer in quart and ounces not "l or ml:confused:

your oil should have a number going from 1-1000 on the side so put 1,200 of oil...in the bike 1 1/4 of a quart of oil

1 person likes this

1 Quart = 32 ounces

.27 x 32 ounces = 8.64 ounces

32 ounces + 8.64 ounces = 40.64 ounces total

Are the 06 & the 07 different?

My 07 manual specifies 1.0 liter (1.06 qt) with oil filter change.

I have 07 and with a filter and oil change i only put in 1 quart and its right on the line on the dipstick.I must not be getting all the old oil out?Anybody clear this up for me?

I have 07 and with a filter and oil change i only put in 1 quart and its right on the line on the dipstick.I must not be getting all the old oil out?Anybody clear this up for me?

You're fine, I was refering to the comments about using 1.25 quarts. Seemed like a lot.

No, you are probably getting all the oil out. You are probably just not putting enough back in because the oil on the dipstick should be at the top line. Anything below the line you should add oil. If over line A, you should take some oil out via checkbolt.