STEVE & BRYAN (TT Refresh Rates)

Hi Guys,

During the past couple of days it appears that the TT Server Refresh Rates are getting slower and slower. Pinging the server from different locations returs the same results 150ms to 200ms on returns. It looks like memory issues or router problems. Is AT&T still dragging their feet with the upgrade?

hmmmm....Must be an AT&T issue...The reply times are now back at 20ms to 40ms...Thats Respectable.

Bonzai :)

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

Originally posted by YAMAKAZE:

Hi Guys,

During the past couple of days it appears that the TT Server Refresh Rates are getting slower and slower. Pinging the server from different locations returs the same results 150ms to 200ms on returns. It looks like memory issues or router problems. Is AT&T still dragging their feet with the upgrade?

hmmmm....Must be an AT&T issue...The reply times are now back at 20ms to 40ms...Thats Respectable.

Bonzai :)

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

Hey Yamakazi,

Thanks for keeping an eye on our backs! :D We're aware of the performance issues so we're currently looking into a dedicated server for TT. That *should* give us better performance...for a nominal fee, of course. :D

Thanks again,

--Steve

Even with the DSL line at work, TT loads slower than an old XR 185 with a plugged main jet.

Originally posted by MX Tuner:

Even with the DSL line at work, TT loads slower than an old XR 185 with a plugged main jet.

The bottom-line is that TT is a high-bandwidth site and we are looking at how to increase performance without driving us into the poor house! Most ISP's big, bad-boy plans don't accomodate the traffic you guys are pushing! We need a dedicated box (server) for TT and we are the process of evaluating vendors. Fortunately, we have more advertisers coming on board to help us grow. Keep buying those stickers at the TT store! Thanks for your patience!

Bryan

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Bryan Bosch ]

My company does big time application services. Digital Island just gave us a pretty rippin deal on some dedicated hosting. You might check them out.

Originally posted by BFLee:

My company does big time application services. Digital Island just gave us a pretty rippin deal on some dedicated hosting. You might check them out.

I'm familiar with the name. I'll see what they have to offer. TT is a small company with BIG hosting needs!

Originally posted by Bryan:

NO KIDDING!

Don't I know!

Your telling ME!

:D

How's it going guys?

Bryan and Steve are doing an AWESOME job and I'm SOOOOOOO happy to enjoy TTalk as a user without all the pressure!

I LOVE YOU GUYS! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Just in case anyone was wondering what happened to the OTHER Bryan that founded this site that Bryan B. and Steve have made the biggest motorcycle kick-ass site on the web:

1) Bought a house in Denver (Highlands ranch) in August and have been busy painting etc.

2) Been enjoying life with my new significant other

3) Been riding the Ducati Monster S4 whenever possible.

4) Been riding the WR whenever possible.

5) WR400 is in little bitty pieces in the garage. Doing winter maintenance.

6) Hope to ride at Dynomite road in Phoenix on February 28 (if I can get the WR back together).

7) Hope to ride in the Last Chance Colorado enduro in May

8) Got engaged and am getting married in Maui (no pun intended) in May DDDOOOOHHHHHHHHH!

9) Visit TTalk every day although I've been too busy to post much

Bryan in Denver

(I know this Bryan with a 'Y' thing is confusing)

I think I'm confused about who I am now ! :):D Nice to hear from you Bryan!

NO KIDDING!

Don't I know!

Your telling ME!

:)

How's it going guys?

Bryan and Steve are doing an AWESOME job and I'm SOOOOOOO happy to enjoy TTalk as a user without all the pressure!

I LOVE YOU GUYS! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK

Just in case anyone was wondering what happened to the OTHER Bryan that founded this site that Bryan B. and Steve have made the biggest motorcycle kick-ass site on the web:

1) Bought a house in Denver (Highlands ranch) in August and have been busy painting etc.

2) Been enjoying life with my new significant other

3) Been riding the Ducati Monster S4 whenever possible.

4) Been riding the WR whenever possible.

5) WR400 is in little bitty pieces in the garage. Doing winter maintenance.

6) Hope to ride at Dynomite road in Phoenix on February 28 (if I can get the WR back together).

7) Hope to ride in the Last Chance Colorado enduro in May

8) Got engaged and am getting married in Maui (no pun intended) in May DDDOOOOHHHHHHHHH!

9) Visit TTalk every day although I've been too busy to post much

Bryan in Denver

(I know this Bryan with a 'Y' thing is confusing)