Tank repair?

Hey all...

I just developed a hairline crack in my tank. It's a really slow leak, but I still want to fix it (duh :applause: )

I've tried soldering (melting) the crack back together, epoxy, hot glue, etc....nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hey all...

I just developed a hairline crack in my tank. It's a really slow leak, but I still want to fix it (duh :applause: )

I've tried soldering (melting) the crack back together, epoxy, hot glue, etc....nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Which bike (not that it matters, I'm just curious)?

Try this stuff, its pretty cheap and has worked for me on all kinds of materials. Just clean and scuff the surface really well.

http://www.marinetex.com/

try Seal All,good stuff and cheap,available at places like Auto Zone,it works well.

Hey all...

Any ideas?

Thanks

I never found anything that would last more than a month without developing back to at least a slow ooze.

Which bike (not that it matters, I'm just curious)?

wow thanks for the help!! :applause::lol:

It's an '03 WR450(street legal Motard in Cali)

Anch, Demi...I'll try those and report back. Thanks!

Good opportunity to put on a larger tank so you can really do some riding.

I have used JB weld on a plastic tank and it is still good after about three years. Scuff it, clean it and JB weld it.

I used to do some kayaking. The guys at the kayak shop would regularly do what they called "plastic welding" for holes in ABS plastic boats. I have no idea what this entails but you may want to run a search or check a local kayak shop.

wow thanks for the help!! :applause::lol:

It's an '03 WR450(street legal Motard in Cali)

I have a a spare tank I was going to let you have, but it won't fit your bike. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

I have a a spare tank I was going to let you have, but it won't fit your bike. I wasn't trying to be a smart ass.

no worries....thanks for the offer- very cool. :applause:

You are up the creek. Nothing is going to work like you want it to. There is no epoxy that will stick to plastic gas tanks. I've tried them all and they won't work. I talked to plastic experts and they say the same thing. Plastic welding might work but it'll look bad. Time to by a new tank.