HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goodwin74b

87 XL600R Enduro blowing headlights??

4 posts in this topic

A few weeks ago I replaced the stock floppy light with some new low profile lights. One of the bullet connecters under the seat came loose and I was blowing head lights like crazy. I tighten up all the connectors and now I am blowing headlights on start up. It seems to only blow one of the filaments’: i.e. the high or low beam. Then on the next start up it will blow the other one. Does anyone have any Ideas?????

The voltage regulator is connected, However I'm not sure if it is working? I am working off the shop manual schematic with a volt meter. Still in the process of testing....

Way back in the day i had the same problem with my 86 xl 600 after it was stolen and stripped of all its parts. i crossed a wite in the head light while re wiring and kept blowing the low beam. finaly had a electrician buddy come buy and he found the problem with the meter. If you have the diagram for the bike you may want to look at it a bit closer.