Deciding on a hotstart relocator

From what a search will show, Dr.D and Zipty make the two best relocators for my '02 426.

What I'm wondering is which system, (Dr.D is cable routed and Zipty is hose), holds up and performs better.

Maybe some of you guys with the 5 and 6 yr old bikes can give a 'test of time' review as to which one lasts.

I cant comment on the use of the Zipty version, although I have always liked their parts.

I have been using Dr. Ds for awhile with no issue. Having the HS on the right side keeps from bliping the throttle while starting in a hurry. You will need to make sure to keep the cable lubed as they do seem to hang up easy if they get contaminated.

Thanks guys. Anyone have experience with the Zipty one?

The first mod I did to my 02 426 was the Dr.D hot start. The customer satisfaction concerns at Dubach Racing are super. When the problems with sticking plungers came up they stood behind the buyers. I swapped emails with Gina for several days about mine and the techs managed to tell me a safe way to loosen it as well as the proper maintenance/lubrication/cleaning procedure. I personally know of one rider that had one break off in the carburetor and Dubach arranged for the carb to be shipped to them and repaired. I believe there is a thread about this here that went into detail on how Dubach helped out the affected riders.

Bill

I dont know anything about the Zipty but I can give another vote for the Dr. D.

do you guys actually use the hotstart that often?

i think in all my riding on my 400, ive used it maybe once or twice.

if the jetting is spot on, it should start easy no matter what. but who knows....maybe i got lucky.

Thanks all and I appreciate the Dr. D indorsements but after concideration I'm gonna try the Zip-Ty. Reasons being you all mention the nessesary maintenence for the cable in the D model and the Zip has basicly no moving parts, it just has a air hose and pulls in the cool air from the bar location. That and it was alittle cheaper too. I'll get a report back to ya once I try it out. :applause:

Let us know what you think about the ZipTy system. I have a few of their parts on my bike and enjoy them. Well made and customer service on a par with Doug's place.

Bill

... you all mention the nessesary maintenence for the cable in the D model ...
I'm not sure I'd call running the engine for 90 seconds after a wash "maintenance", but :applause:

How much did you end up getting it for?

I'm not sure I'd call running the engine for 90 seconds after a wash "maintenance", but :applause:

My only point being; why have another cable to lube when an airhose needs nothing...that's all.