Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Super Dude

Need new triple clamp

9 posts in this topic

just pick up some 1 1/8 bars for my 04 yz450f and now i need some new upper triple clamps.... How are these?

http://shop.thumpertalk.com/catalogs/Tucker_Rocky_Offroad_2006/default.asp?p=412&s=2

Is there better ones? I thought i read here about using offset triple clamp on the 04. to do that do i need to change upper and lower? What benifits will the offset have over stock?

Thanks

SD

For offset tripple clamps you have to buy top and bottom. They change the steering geometry and make it handle differently. If you want to save money you can buy 1 1/8 bar adapters for your existing clamp. They cost like 30 bucks.

For offset tripple clamps you have to buy top and bottom. They change the steering geometry and make it handle differently. If you want to save money you can buy 1 1/8 bar adapters for your existing clamp. They cost like 30 bucks.

who makes them?

I put the pro taper triple clamps on my 05 and it has plenty of adgustments and a neoprene cusion that helps with arm pump, raising the forks and putting the bars one notch forward on the clamp adjustment really helped with cornering. good luck

who makes them?

A lot of companies make them, look around. I know that Moose makes some.

If you have stock triple clamps you have to at least replace the top triple clamps. I bought some of those universal mounts and they don't work with the stock clamps. I replaced the top triple clamp with a pro taper R3. It is adjustable at the top like the one you linked but they don't have the rubber parts. They are great clamps and I love how I can change the bars forward or backwards. It changes the way it steers dramatically. Big thumbs. Cost me about 165 for the clamps.

instead of buying triple clamps why not buy a flex handle bar by fast company that would be better.