No new YZ250 on the showroom floor

Went to the Yamaha dealer yesterday to look at the '07 or even a 06' yz250. Guess what? If you want one they will bring one in from another location or store that still sells them. The GM told me that they just don't sell anymore so they start ordering them. Isn't funny how probably one the best rated new two strokes on the market today and no one is buying one?

I guess I will stick to my CRF for now.

Most of the dealers here dont have any 07 either...or 06's.

My thought is that they under-ordered and sold out. They will then tell us ANYTHING to make up for the lack of two strokes on the floor.

I did notice the 06's with discounted prices went away very quickly....

i had to go DE to find my 07, i dont know what part of NY your from, but a few months ago i went to stumpys in neptune, NJ, and they offered me an 06 for a price that i thought was way too high. i dont know if they still have it but you might want to call if theyre not too far from you some you can at least go check it out. but i can tell you it will most likely be the best bike you have ridden especially if you like riding a 2smoke better than a 4.

- correction: i just saw that your user name is upstate and i'm sure you wont be wanting to be traveling all the way especially not for bike that is IMO a rip off. sorry about wasting you time with the above post ( but i stand by the fact that bike is well worth it.)

I believe, for the most part, the YZs are being bought up off the floor pretty fast. It seems people are wanting the 2t again. I have heard the prices were dropping on them then the demand went back up so does the price. Dealers were back offish in the beginning about stocking 2ts to heavy on the floor than all of a sudden people are buying them. So now if any dealer still has them out there they will have a $$ price on them and they will probably get it unless they have really over stocked and need space LOL.

I went into the Kawi/ Suzuki dealer to get a brake lever for my wifes kx 100. The sales rep asked if he could help me and I mentioned that I didn't see any 2 strokes on the showroom floor. Of course he procceeded to tell me they don't carry them -could order one but why would I want to do that? Of course, and argument ensued.

After the discussion I went to the counter to get the lever. The tech guy told me he over heard our discussion, that he rides an RM 250 and that the sales guys are all trained to push the 4 strokes... for all the econimic reasons we have discussed. What was funny is that he told me they had 2 RM 250s in the back, they just dont put them out there and don't mention it unless the buyer is 100% that they only want a 2 stroke.

He said its hillarious the things folks are told in an attempt to sell people on the 4 stroke, and of course most new to the sport, or getting back in, believe what they are told by the sales guy (then repeate it on this forum? ) :applause:

They pretty much sold out at my dealer but they still have 4 strokes even a couple of LE's still. They asked me once if I wanted a 250F I just said "no I don't want one of those things" got back the why not thier the bestest typcial bs reply. I said "it has to many moving parts" yea they didn't have any good come back for that one.

I worked at a Honda shop in 1989. I cannot even tell you how many Nighthawk S machines I sold to people. Why? Because they offered an extra 75.00 per sale....This was in addition to the 10% OF PROFIT you made on the sale. A good sale on an s could drop 300 cash in your pocket..sometimes more.

They were two year old new bikes they wanted to clear out. I learned then NEVER to believe much a dealer says. It was difficult to stretch the truth, but not so hard when it came to filling a wallet.