Help..Pipe swap on a budget?

Hello, I have an 03 WR 450 with a GYTR tip in the stock exhaust. I was trying to take the end cap bolts off when they broke so now I'm thinking about replacing the heavy stainless stocker.In the interest of saving some cash I was wondering if any one thinks the YZ pipe with a PMB insert is a good idea.Has anyone done this swap and/or know what other year pipes will fit this.Thanks!

A used yz pipe can be found cheap but a PMB insert is not and this combo is going to be loud. A nice new slip on would be my choice. Something quiet, there's plenty of choices. I personally have an FMF ti powercore that I really like. $269 from Rocky Mountain + like $15 for the quiet core. Do a search, you'll find lots of info.

The YZ pipe that fits your bike (03-05) are LOUD. IIRC they are about 103-105db and 99-101db with the PMB silent insert.

A TI powercore with the silent insert sounds like the ticket for you. Dirtrider tested that setup on an 06 and it blew 95 and change and I think I remember SC's tested at 98 db. Its in the ballpark I say go for it.

I've got a YZ pipe with a DRD SA endcap; no quiet insert. The required re-jetting tells me there is more power, and it's not any louder than the uncorked WR pipe. At lower RPM it's actually quieter than the WR pipe. At higher RPM I wouldn't say it's any louder or quieter, just a different sound; less "ringy".

The original Q has been discontinued so there are several places that are selling them as close outs. I just picked one up from BTO for 220.00 for my '00 400

Hello, I have an 03 WR 450 with a GYTR tip in the stock exhaust. I was trying to take the end cap bolts off when they broke so now I'm thinking about replacing the heavy stainless stocker.In the interest of saving some cash I was wondering if any one thinks the YZ pipe with a PMB insert is a good idea.Has anyone done this swap and/or know what other year pipes will fit this.Thanks!

Yes, same thing happend to me. I looked at lot of slippons.

But the ti powercore is a very good pipe ( fore that price you can't loose)

It lowers the central mass and is stealthy.

I now can here other bikes behind me.